Sunchase IV Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in South Padre Island
See available hotels
Suites at Sunchase(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Blue Bay Inn & Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Padre South Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Gulfview II(South Padre Island)
  • Free Internet
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
  • Pool
The Inn at South Padre(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Pelican Landing Condominiums(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Peninsula Island Resort & Spa(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
All reviewstwo storytennis courtsfloor to ceiling windowsdirty onessecurity gategated parkingfull bathlarge balconypool and hot tubking bedwasher dryertoilet papernice poolbeach accessracquetballunitpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I need to start with fact that this is a nice place. The 2 BR condo had 2 full baths on the sleeping floor and 1 half bath on the living/kitchen floor upstairs! We loved the layout. The first floor (7th) has balconies off the bedrooms looking over the Laguna Madre and the sunset, while the living floor (8th floor) had an even bigger balcony overlooking the two pools, beach (a block away) and the sunrise. It was very spacious and plenty of room for 6 people although if we had 2 more people, the limit, they would have had to sleep on an air matress I saw in the closet or the sectional sofa (dingey) that did not fold out. Mind you, these units are individually owned and vary in decor.
We traded our 3 BR Condo in S. Lake Tahoe for a 2 BR condo here through our vacation club about 6 months ago and stayed 8 days (Aug. 20- Aug 27).
We arrived shortly after 6PM. We were confused as to where we were to check in so we went into the front building, Suites at Sunchase, which is a hotel and the clerk had us drive through the security gate where we were let in through intercom. We were told by the security guard that the office closed at 6 PM. He accomidated us by varifing our confirmation papers , loaned us one of his security keys and we were in the condo by 7PM. I was confused as to " late check-in" being after 6 when all other condos we have gone to are after 10PM. We were not told this when we spoke w/them the day before for the manditory confirmation call. We found out why the next day when we went to the office for offical check -in. Turns out the desk we went to the night before was the right desk! A different desk clerk apoligized for the confusion.
We watched fireworks across the Lagoon that night, ate out and thought it would be a perfect place to celabrate a quarter century together the coming Wed. Sunday was leasurely. We explored the surroundings, went to the beach and swam. Life is good!
Everything changed bright and early Monday AM. From just outside our 7th floor bedroom balcony, BLATT-TAT-TAT-TAT......BLATT-TAT...TAT....We opened the door and looked over the rail and saw a skyscraper style walkboard with two workers running impact drills chipping on the concrete part of the balcony below. My wife , who I don't wake unless it's an emergency, shouted some choice words to let them know how she felt about the noise, then called the management people to complain. They said that someone who could help us would call us back. She left both cell numbers. Nobody ever called back. Everyone seems to take off Mon. and Tues. on the island, so we gave them till Wed. to respond before calling our Vacation Club to tell them what was going on. I have always tried to work out problems with on site management before taking last resort measures. I even walked over to the property management office, went inside and found no one around. I asked the Suites at Sunchase front desk clerk if she knew the construction would be going on this week. She told me she knew nothing about it. I'm the owner of a construction co. and happen to know these projects do not come out of the blue. It would have been usefull information to have before our stay. I assume they wanted my money more than our piece of mind. My wife has health issues and can't always keep up with us so she spends more time in the condo than out. The noise continued all week long, 7a-4p. We still don't know what the arrangement is here because they never returned our call and they sent a woman with a small child before we checked out to collect our keys and passes before we got to the front desk. I thought about it later, and I maybe should have asked for ID because she didn't have a uniform on and I saw many cars enter during the week behind others w/passes. I did it myself a few times.
Our vacation club said they would re-instate our week for use in the next 12 months.
So the bottom line is : We got the condo for free but not because the Prop. Mgmt. Co. fixed anything. The 25th anniversary has passed but not memorable i a good way.
I am not criticizing the staff or construction workers doing their jobs. I congradulate them.
It would behoove those in charge to hire a project manager to prevent this from being a problem.
HINT:
1) Two towers
2) Low occupancy
3) Renters in same tower. Upgrade if necessary. It could impress somebody.
4) Workers swarm vacant tower.

Until the management changes, I will aviod booking anything here again.

Room Tip: If you are booked here for the next couple weeks, call them and ask how it's coming along. They will be back on Monday, Aug 29th.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Stevadore
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We booked this condo on a last minute trip the day before arriving. The price was very affordable and the accommodations were fine. The view from the the condo was awesome and the condo was clean. The grounds were kept very clean and the property being secured by gate access was a nice feature. The condo had a few minor maintenance issues but nothing we couldn't deal with on a two night stay. All in all we will book again and stay longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nwwhitson
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We found this place thru the Texas Music Ed. Assoc. Booth. Wish we had passed it by. They were very anxious to get our money and that was all. The rooms vary because they are owned by someone who we found usually lives in another. We had a large group of rooms and in checking them,some had leaks with rags to stop the leak and you could not move the rag. Nice to plug dryers by a leaky ceiling. They were blaming our group for everything that went wrong, not their owner visitors. The security guard stood over the pool and watch in the balconies where we had many young ladies. He accused our students of drinking in the hot tub and it was the residents, not us. They knew we were coming in buses but would not let our buses on the grounds to pick us up or let us off. We were on the side with lots of fire ants, they didn't care, they had our money. Another guard yelled at our bus drivers in front of all the students and yelled at all the chaperones in front of our students, who were very good. I talked to other schools at the event we attended and they all bragged how great they have accomodiatios at other places, MOVE PAST THIS ONE! Many of our room ac did not work and no one came to fix them. We had a torn couch in our room, some had blinds falling off the doors.

Room Tip: Go to another place
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank txtubamom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We went on a family trip, 21 family members. The management was extremely cooperative and friendly. The complex was quiet and relaxing. The rooms were clean and had great views of the gulf and bay. I did not mind the security at all, on the other hand, it made it more enjoyable.
My mother in law has knee problems and can not walk long distances. Management advised to call the fire dept. and they lent us a beach wheel chair at no charge. We were able to wheel her all the way to the beach with no problems!

We liked it so much, we already booked for next year. If you are going with a big group, ask about the rooms on the &th or 11th floor that have ahuge veranda.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lovetotrvl
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This condo is a hodge-podge luck of the draw. Traveling with a group, I got to see some of the other rooms. There were a couple of nice ones. But even those had a pipe with water dripping over your head as you tried to use the sink from some kind of drain pipe. Problems in my room included curtains that had a very obvious broken rod so you couldn't shut the curtain all the way to sleep. My bed was comfortable enough but the sheets & comforter had been around for quite awhile and were stained. Very narrow tubs. Yucky foam mattress thrown in my tiny closet and no room for vaccuum so it sat in the hallway. Some rooms have irons and hair dryers, others don't. Some condos had nice furniture. Ours had older furniture and our mirror backing had broken away from the dresser. They simply leaned it up, taking up half the dresser. Most annoying, the bathroom plugs did not work. Master room was nice size but second bedroom was pretty small with twin beds. Condo had orange cones and taped off areas and LOUD construction sounds going on. The condo owners who live on property had yapping dogs. So much for relaxing. Only CVS and MacDonalds close by. So you need to drive more than if you stay in other condos. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business