“Accomodating”

US$ 16.23*
Skim Board Rental on South Padre Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: South Padre Island Water Sports offers: lessons and rentals on South Padre Island, Texas. Our waterfront property makes getting out on the bay on a kayak or paddle board super easy. Rental offerings include: Stand Up Paddle Boards, Kayaks, water bicycles, surfboards, boogie boards, skim boards, jetskis, kiteboards and kitesurf Boards. Flyboarding Lessons are our newest offering and we also offer lessons for kiteboarding, landboarding, paddle boarding and surfing.
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We wanted a kayak trip and went about 1 1/2 hour before they closed. They suggested we come back the next day, but I asked for a discount since we had to be back so soon. They agreed. Very easy transaction for the rental and they will keep your car keys for you. Very nice staff.

1  Thank wvbuckeye
AirPadre, Manager at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

We hope you had a good time seeing the island by kayak! Come back soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for South Padre Island Watersports

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I took my first lesson from these guys four years ago and have stuck with them ever since. They are always willing to go out of their way to help whether it is buying/renting equipment or random things like launching my jet ski. I always stop in to see these guys when I'm on the island, even to just say hi. They are great all they way around.

2  Thank rbeard86
AirPadre, General Manager at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thanks rbeard86! We certainly appreciate your continued support of Air Padre!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

What a great service for the kiteing community. I went to Air Padre to gain skill's confidence, and safety. Whith my skilled instructor, and the kind professional staff at the shop thats exactly what I got. It was just as important to everyone there that I got out on the water and had a great experience as it was to me. Thanks to them and the progress they helped me achieve in the week that I was there I'll be able to enjoy the lakes up here in Minnesota this summer at a much safer and comfortable level of skill that I did'nt have. It might have taken the whole summer in MN to get what I learned in one week with Air Padre and the great learning conditions this place has to offer. Thanks Air Padre for taking an enjoyable sport and making it even more enjoyable and safer. Steve from Minnesota

4  Thank steve b
AirPadre, Owner at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Steve, we hope you enjoy your kiting in Minnesota this summer! Glad we could improve your safety and confidence in riding.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I started surfing when i was 10 and learned to wake board on my own back in 1992. I have never had to take any lessons for any water or board sport and have always picked them up easily. I bought a 16m kite on e-bay and went to my local lake thinking that i could just learn it on my own. I just about killed myself that day, yet I was instantly hooked and learned a great deal of respect for safety. It's like driving a flying tractor and boarding at the same time. You have to learn the physics etc. Your body weight and wind speed are critical factors in choosing your kite size. It does not matter how good you are at any sport, if you want to learn to kite board, you HAVE to take lessons. I researched where to go for months. Air Padre was clearly the best choice. The best thing to do to get the most out of your lessons is to watch instructional videos over and over before you get there. I watched the Progression videos and they determined a customized lesson based on my knowledge and experience. My first lesson with air Padre was in 2008 and I still recommend them as the BEST school in Texas.

3  Thank John M
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Air padre has given my wife and i lessons and provided top of the line gear for years now.the instructers have always made my wife feel comfortable and confident with every lesson and with this, she has excelled.air padre greets and treats us like family with every visit to the island. We visit every year from colorado and will keep this tradition going in hopes of getting our little one on the way, ripping it up at an early age. Thx to our texas family, big ups! Aarom lombardo.

3  Thank Aaron L