All reviewsbed was comfortablewafflesthe general managerwould stay here againhotel is locatedbreakfast buffetstudentstsu
Reviewed 9 September 2017

If you are like me, you like to stay with the places you know, you've been through several hotels, and there are so many to choose from, having one to rely on brings a certain level of, comfort. Comfort Suites has always been true to me, and this experience was nothing short of comforting. 5 out of 5, this location is on top of their game, and you will not be disappointed in your stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
GSULL78, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Comfort Suites near Texas State University. We Love Our Guests and hope to see you again very soon.
Regards,
Gene Sullivant

Reviewed 18 August 2017

At check in, when I asked for the AAA discount rate, the clerk said that the evening's rate was the full rate. I again asked what the AAA rate would be and the clerk again said that the full rate would apply. I decided to wait until checkout to address the rate. Neither of the room keys worked so we had to go downstairs to the lobby and rekey. Then the closet door did not have a knob so we could not open the closet and hang our clothes or get an additional blanket. Also there was no shampoo with the other bath offerings. The refrigerator was not cleaned as there was a water bottle left in the freezer section. And the bathroom floor was very slippery when wet. The next morning I talked with the desk clerk and my rate was changed to the AAA discount and then discounted again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
GSULL78, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Janie,
Thank you for completing a review. We want to know about these extraordinary cases so we can take immediate action. I do apologize for the confusion on your rate, your keys not working, no amenities in your room, no closet door handle, and items left in the fridge. It certainly sounds like we were having a bad day and we never want type of experience to happen to our guests. We Love Our Guests and hope you will give us another chance to see that this is not our regular service level.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We went to San Marcos for a wedding, so we didn't need a lot of hotel...just a good one at a reasonable price. So after an evening here is what we found. Check in was a breeze though I wasn't aware I had booked a AAA rate we quickly set that up. The room was clean and comfortable (and cold as we walked in which was awesome after a hot afternoon wedding outdoors).

I"m 6ft 4in. so things which impress me don't impress others. This hotel had one of the nicest showers I've had in a hotel and that's saying something...kudos for that

The only (minor) complaint is that our room key card kept demagnetizing. To have one do this once a stay is not unusual. To have that card do it twice, along with the second room key card once IS unusual. Both times they quickly reset the cards so they worked, but it was annoying.

Overall the staff was very friendly and accomodating and we would strongly consider staying again if in San Marcos again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
GSULL78, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thanks for your glowing review of your stay. We love hearing how we are getting it right.
I am sorry to hear you had a problem with your keys demagnetizing and I can only guess it is your Magnetic personality. LOL! We will definitely look into your lock.
We Love Our Guests and look forward to hosting you again.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Room was reasonably clean. Steve was very helpful this morning when breakfast ran out. Personally came and filled up my plate. Remote in room was not working. The cleaning person took it upon herself to get person into the room to fix it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
GSULL78, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Kurt,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. ON behalf of our team, I apologize that we ran out of food at Breakfast but hope Steven's service to fill your plate made the experience better.
I am also sorry that the remote got out of sync with your cable box and television. I am pleased the Housekeeper jumped into action to get that taken care of as well.
We know that things can sometimes go amiss but we want you to know that we will do our best to take care of it right away.
We Love Our Guests!
We hope you will come back and stay with us again so we can show you "Gold Cup" service!
Respectfully,
Comfort Suites near Texas State University
San Marcos, TX

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This hotel is very clean and we had a good stay. There are many restaurants and stores nearby and very convenient. We had to get something around 12am and Walmart was 5min away! Breakfast was good and area was kept clean. I found the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room cleaning was very timely. The computer in workroom was very outdated but did work. Overall, we liked the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room not facing Highway if you care about the noise from Highway.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GSULL78, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for a great review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we are doing. We do love our Guests.
Regards,