“CLOSED”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2016

this restaurant closed and for very good reason, it smelled, it was filthy and disgusting. was with my 23 year old nephew who will normally eat anything and after we were seated he looked around and said "uh, can we go somewhere else?"

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I’d been this place a couple times previously, so when my date wanted to try Indian food, I recommended this as a good place. As it’s located in a shopping plaza, there’s a large amount of available parking close by, and is easy to get to from the frontage roads of both IH-35 and Louis Henna Blvd.

The interior is elegant in design, with good lighting and nice table cloths. The menu is reasonably priced, and there is a large selection of main course dishes, appetizers, and desert items. As common with Indian restaurants, it’s open in the middle of the day for the buffet, closes for a couple hours, and then re-openings for dinner later. We’d arrived for dinner.

There were a sparse number of patrons, which wasn’t surprising as it’s just re-opened. We were sat in a section to the left of the host, not the main dining area to the right (which was where I’ve sat previously). While previously the service I had here was slow, but ended up being balanced by great food, this experience was not that.

It took nearly 30 minutes for us to be even given glasses of water, because the host had disappeared and the one server was not coming anywhere the section my date and I were in. I ended having to walk over to personally get the attention of the server. It took another 15 minutes for someone to come over to take our order, and another 30 minutes before we got our order (which was incorrect). As there were only a handful of other patrons in the place, the kitchen couldn’t have been slow, and people who came in after us were getting their meals before us. We were pretty much forgotten about.

We mentioned the orders being incorrect and the slow service to lone waiter we saw, and received an apathetic response. The food this time wasn’t even close to the quality of what I’d had before. It took another 30 minutes for our bill to be brought, and credit cards returned. There was no attempt at any apologetic gestures at any time during the night.

Perhaps it could’ve been an off night for the place, as that happens sometimes. But because there was nothing done to rectify the poor experience we had that evening, this went from a nice place I’d go occasionally to something I doubt I’ll return to in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Been there for attending one of my colleagues wedding party and got a pretty mixed experience.

Pros:
-- Their deserts are good specially all those Indian/Pakistani sweets.
-- Nice & convenient location

Cons:
-- Not so good for big party (40+ ppl)
-- Lamb curry was pretty smelly !
-- Very oldish interior, they should consider re-modeling.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

3 years back when i visited Round rocks i had food from Chola and had the worst experience in my life. I never tried my luck with Chola after that terrible experience. This time during March 2014 when i came to Roundrocks few of my friends suggested to try Chola and told me that it is under the new management.With my bad experience in my mind i tried to check once again. Amazingly it was the best indian food i ever had from Round Rocks in the past 3 years. Cheers and good luck to team Chola. Keep it up.

Thanks
Joe

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have never had Indian food out side of the US, so I'm sure someone will disagree, but this was quite an experience for me! I keep thinking about the food I had here and how good it was! I ordered the Korma Curry Chicken, the flavors were so intense, it was wonderful! We also had the garlic Naan? bread, and some of my other family members ordered other various things on the menu. It was all so good! I will defiantly come back when I am in Austin again! The server was very polite and seemed eager to please, it took a little long for the food, but it was well worth the wait! It's not a fancy restaurant, but clean & well maintained.