“Best Indian food I have ever had”
Review of Chola Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Chola Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have never had Indian food out side of the US, so I'm sure someone will disagree, but this was quite an experience for me! I keep thinking about the food I had here and how good it was! I ordered the Korma Curry Chicken, the flavors were so intense, it was wonderful! We also had the garlic Naan? bread, and some of my other family members ordered other various things on the menu. It was all so good! I will defiantly come back when I am in Austin again! The server was very polite and seemed eager to please, it took a little long for the food, but it was well worth the wait! It's not a fancy restaurant, but clean & well maintained.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We always stop at Chola when visiting Round Rock. We were disappointed on our last visit as the food was not as good as in the past, seemed bland to us. Will have to look for another Indian restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have been to several Indian restaurants all over the world ( Australia, New Zealand, USA, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Europe) but this one stands out to be the worst Indian dining experience I ever had out of India. I have written several reviews on tripadvisor, but I cannot think of any place worse than this for which I had to write a review. Too bad I can't rate this zero and have to rate this 1.

Went there with friends for a buffet. Except for the Chicken Manchurian and the Dosa nothing was palatable. They had run out of food in most items of the buffet, which in a way was good as food taste was bland and hopeless. They did not even have chutneys to eat with the uthappas. The chickpeas in the samosa chat were absolutely tasteless. There were no Samosas in it either. The service was not too great either. When I asked for missing items on the buffet, I was coldly told they are out of them, no apologies either. I USA you tip for good service, however this is one place where I would not tip. This restaurant is not only an absolute disgrace to Indian cuisine and Indian heritage but also a disgrace to the customer service you would expect in any restaurant in USA. The service at the fast food joints is better. This experience i enough to turn me off any Indian restaurants for the next 6 months. Chola please do all of us a favour and shut yourself down. Signing off in utter disgust.

2  Thank Harry P
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant since 2007 even though we do not live in the area and it has always been tasty...not fabulous, but consistently good...the last 3 times we have been there since December 2012, it has not been good...it has been tasteless and the dishes on the buffet have been odd combinations of ingredients. What a disappointment. We do not live near Indian restaurants and this was our fallback...now after three strikes CHola is OUT.

1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This restaurant is under new ownership and it's wonderful. Nice quiet, intimate setting, good service and a nice selection of offerings. We are pretty picky about our Indian dishes since we had the good fortune of living in London so we were surprised and pleased to enter early when there were few diners. We chose the Tika Misala, and Lamb Korma with plain Nan bread. The pappadums came with interesting dips, the red is really hot. It was so good we returned this week and had Goat Korma for my husband (I didn't care for the smell but he loved it) and I had the chicken curry. I asked for not too hot but I think it didn't translate because it was hot! But good. We chose the cheese nan this time and I didn't like it as well as the plain. It was later in the evening and many more Indian diners. We are not Indian. We will be back again and its unusual for us to eat at the same place many times in a short period of time.