“The crickets ruined our stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is really nice, our room was wonderful and spacious. We were only here for one night to visit the UT campus with our teens. They had the sofa bed. There were many dead crickets outside, but I never dreamed they would make it inside. (We wondered why the people next door to us had a towel over the bottom of the door!) That night I went to the bathroom and there were probably 20 to 30 in there!! The next morning, when I opened the bedroom door to the living room, the noise was unbelievable as there had to have been hundreds hiding in the living room but making lots of noise!! Our poor daughters said they had been kept up all night ! The bathroom wasn't too clean either, it didn't appear anyone cleaned the tub well and there were spider webs in all the corners of the rooms. Pool area was nice and comfortable and clean. Breakfast was amazing and hot with many options to choose from. We enjoyed breakfast and headed back home. So except for all the crickets...nice hotel. I might stay here again away from a door and definitely put a towel under the door to keep them out.

Room Tip: A room away from the doors where the crickets are getting in!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nperryMckinney
gmausro, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear nperryMckinney,
Thank you for the recent review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the breakfast and our pool. I do however sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with the crickets. You are definately not the first Guest that has encountered this same issue as we are in the heart of the cricket season in Austin. I wanted to let you know we have been diligently working with our pest control company to correct the situation and the crickets are almost completely gone. If I can assist you further, or you wish to return and experience the hotel in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Jason Webb

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Last weekend, we stayed a 2nd time at this wonderful hotel and were even more pleased than with our last visit. The staff is as friendly as we remembered and the hotel is kept exceptionally clean. I had forgotten how beautiful the lobby and grounds of the hotel are, but it's wonderfully calming and a real treat.

We had a one-bedroom and before entering our room we could hear a small dog/puppy barking in the hallway in the room next to ours. I was concerned we'd have noise issues at night, but upon entering our room we didn't hear the dog at all (and we checked - she was still barking). So, the rooms are very well insulated for noise - great to know!

This time, my daughter used the pool and really enjoyed it. There is also a basketball court, though we didn't use it. In the sundry/gift shop area, there are a few DVD movies that you can check out - a nice bonus.

We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back again when my daughter or son have more tournaments in the area. Thanks!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear BronteReed,
I love to see where a return Guest has an even better experience than the last time!!! I Thank You once again for your comments and feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon. p.s. I hope the icemaker worked better for you on this trip!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This was a great place to stay!!! The kids walked in and started screaming!!! There was plenty of room for us all to stretch out. Our jaw dropped when we went to buy a coke and a bottle of water and they were each one... I repeat... One dollar!!!! We stood there for a minute thinking... No Way!!! Great location! Great room! Great service!!! Highly recommended :)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jmfratto
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Jmfratto,
Thank You for the review on your stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I truly appreciate it! The rooms are by far the biggest you get for your money in the Round Rock area, and as for the Suite Shop prices...Personally, there's nothing I hate more than being charged 5 times the regular price just because its a hotel, never made sense to me, so we set our prices very fairly. I look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Beautiful new hotel near I-35 north of Austin in Round Rock. Easy to locate utilizing the directions provided by the hotel website. Multiple restaurants near by and on opposite side of interstate also. No other buildings close by but well lit and safe environment. Hotel as advertised on website. New, very well kept, contemporary hotel. Small outdoor pool that we did not use. Breakfast the typical above average Homewood Suites breakfast. All rooms have the room darkening shades also. Staff efficient and helpful. WiFi and A/C worked well although the a/c is a loud system when running. Very nice facility and even though our family lives ~30 miles away near Bee Cave, the highway system allowed quick transit and we will definitely stay again when in Austin.

Room Tip: We were in room 300 adjacent to the elevator and had no problem with noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
gmausro, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear KansasMamabear,
Thank You for the recent review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay, love the photos! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Round Rock!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stay here during business trips and the hotel is beautiful. Staff are always friendly, rates are great and the accommodations are very good. They have dinner/drinks during the week, which I've only had a few times, but still were excellent given that it's included in the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear XianFL,
Thank You for the recent review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Round Rock!