“At home at Irish Acres” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Irish Acres

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockwall
Irish Acres
Ranked #1 of 2 Rockwall B&B and Inns
Millbury MA
“At home at Irish Acres”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2008

Arriving curbside at "Irish Acres" was breathtaking. The property, which extended beyond the horizon, with stables, horse trails & a house that looked like an ad I'd seen in the Homes & Garden Magazine was all meticulous & soooooo picturesque. The hosts who greeted me were exceptionally friendly. They made me feel comfortable & welcomed into their imaculate clean warm, beautifully decorated home & the guest quarters. Breakfast was superb-served with a smile, made with TLC making me feel like family > even the horses were friendly. EMB

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank EMB2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Solo
Business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

I have stayed in B&B facilities throughout England and the US..and have NEVER written a comment..but this was truly the most wonderful experience I have ever had. It is a beautiful home, with swimming pool and pateo, and excellent accomodations. When I expressed interest, I was welcomed to see their horses, and the lovely grounds. I understand they offer boarding for horses on site. This impressed me, as there are many local rodeos, and I imagine that would be really convenient for people who travel with horses. The owners offer many special 'home like' friendly touches, yet privacy, with the guest rooms being separate from their own master bedroom. They were super hosts, but not intrusive. I believe that they let the guests set the pace. If I had preferred to be more private it would have been just fine. There are only two guest rooms, so I shared a huge bathroom with just one other guest. Full breakfast was cooked to order, by the owner, and we sat around a friendly breakast bar..myself, other the guest, and the owner who wasn't cooking. The husband (cook) joined us later, with fresh pots of coffee. I have never felt so welcomed in a hotel or B&B in my life. It was such a relaxed, informal atmosphere, and considering the reasonable rates, I felt that this is not a business venture for them, as much as it is an opportunity to provide hospitality and to share with people. I could tell they really enjoyed us being there. We all left as friends, and I am sincerely hoping to return.

• Liked — friendly..private..convenient
  • Disliked — nothing I did not like
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank concettaFlorida
jeanneoc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2008

Mo and Jim are very friendly and have a beautiful setting for their bed and breakfast. We stayed for three nights in the Carndonagh room (whatever that means??) - it was nice and clean, comfortable and casual -- the price was very reasonable. We enjoyed the closeness to Dallas and had a great time out at the Stockyards at Fort Worth. We didn't have our horse with us, but think she would have been spoiled rotten -- the donkey and the other horses certainly were!!! My wife liked the pool for a refreshing swim after a walking around on a muggy day in Dallas.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, near Dallas.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jeanneoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
8.4 km away
11.7 km away
Comfort Suites Lake Ray Hubbard
6.7 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockwall Inn & Suites

Been to Irish Acres? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK