“Amazingly great food and great service”
Review of Fat's Market

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fat's Market
Ranked #45 of 101 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 26 December 2015

This looks like a convenience store as you leave town complete with gas pumps outside. I thought it was going to be a greasy spoon but my husband wanted to eat here because it was on our way. Boy, was I surprised. I had the Philly cheese steak and my husband had the cheese burger. The fries were homemade and delicious. Best I have ever had. My husband thought the burger (which was huge) was in the top 5 best burgers he has had. The burger was $6 and the fries were $1.50. well worth it. I highly recommend this place and would love to go there again.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I heard Chef Ken only lasted 2 months and has moved on again. Some of his dishes
are actually from other local restaurant chefs........????

Reviewed 23 April 2015

When Fat's market opened we were super excited because of the proximity to our home we could ride our golf cart without having to enter the freeway. There was a kitchen, gas, liquor store and bait all in one place. A while after they were open the kitchen started to go downhill not necessarily in food quality but you never knew when they were open. Then one day we went in there waiting to be acknowledged by the kitchen staff, and waiting, and waiting.....the owner even saw us standing there waiting. We knew the owner and he didn't even say "hi, let me get someone for you, can I help you, kiss my @**", nothing. We finally left vowed to never go back. Their gas is usually .20 higher than the gas station a mile down the road and again the customer service just isn't there. I won't be back. Sad.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Chef Ken Foster has many followers who will eat wherever he happens to be working at the time. We found him now working his Asian Cajun magic out of Fat's Market. For the uninitiated, Fat's is in a Conoco gas station on the west side of Hwy 35 as soon as you drive into Holiday Beach from the south. It is a market with all sorts of food and other shelf items, a bakery, the best meat around town and now, a great one table (seats 6 to 8) eatery. As usual, Ken's food is superb and the menu has many choices. I opted for my favorite- his unique Philly cheese steak - unlike any I have ever had elsewhere. One of my friends had the etouffe which she pronounced to be delicious. Other friends had seen my cheese steak when ordered at another restaurant Ken had been at and followed my suit and ordered it. They were not disappointed. Everyone took doggie boxes home.
The food was great as always. Service was slowish, but everything was cooked to order so understandable. The setting? Well, we were eating in a market and so no ambience.

1  Thank MsEnroller
Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

Fats out in Holiday Beach on Why 35 is another great find. They have awesome 1/2 pound burgers, the best club sandwich in the area, really good fries and delicious blue berry turnovers. The their signature is their sliders. They use ground ribeye and are placed on a delicious dinner roll. You get 6 and I promise you won't leave hungry. Go tell Frank that Pops sent ya, great people and great food.