“Boils!!!”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Serving Rockport's freshest seafood at The Boiling Pot! Serving up cajun-style boiled seafood, you won't go wrong with our large portions and even larger creole flavors. Hurricane Harvey can't stop us -- we have sustained minimal damage and are currently open to the public!
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of friends recommended this spot. Amy, our server, was awesome! She was super attentive and helped us get the best deal for what we wanted. We did end up splurging a little, and got the most crab possible. The boil base was nice and spicy. I think the king and snow crab were my favorite. We weren’t too impressed by the blue crab; just had a very gritty flavor. Idk. Can’t really describe how it was, but again, not super impressed by it. Corn, sausage, and potatoes were good. We tried not to eat too much of these, and pretty much devoured all of the seafood. It was a great amount for the two of us. We also ordered the red beans and rice; was more like a tomato sauce and wasn’t as spicy as I thought it would be. Not a HUGE winner, but the beans and rice were cooked well. Overall, it was a great meal, and looking forward to coming back!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank srok33
R L, Manager at The Boiling Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We really enjoyed dinner at the Boiling Pot...we did a combo of crawfish, shrimp, blue crab (and a few others), as well as sausage, corn, and potatoes. The crawfish were disappointingly small, but overall the meal was very good. The beer selection was surprisingly large, service was good, and the atmosphere was great on a Sunday night.

Date of visit: May 2018
R L, Manager at The Boiling Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you Todd!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I visited with my wife and we ordered a combination which included one crab, shrimp, and sausage. The spices were fairly strong for me. The shrimp was inconsistent with some that were cooked well and had a nice shell that was hard and easy to peel and others with a soft shell that were very difficult to peel without destroying the shrimp. The crab was okay but bland. The sausage was okay as well. I liked the corn on the cob that was served with it. There were no plates and the food is dumped in the table. The silverware was plastic. The service was good and fast. The atmosphere was okay, except for a table next to us that was loudly using profane language. For the price, which was high, this is not the dining experience I am looking for and will try elsewhere in the future.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank G7878SJchrisd
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first time eating this style of seafood! We really enjoyed it! Everything is dumped out on to the table in front of you! Our waitress was really helpful with how to open the crab. They have outdoor seating and indoor seating.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank cjnd2002
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Good food, great customer service! Have been there with my family years ago and wanted to go for memory sake. The night I went they were out of blue crab, but still was able to fufill my expectations.

Date of visit: February 2018