All reviews mini suite private pier hot tub fish job done full kitchen long weekend nice stay hotel room lighted pier great place to stay cottage property squirrels gazebo accommodations oak
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great little getaway in a coastal setting. Stayed here while looking for a new RV and really enjoyed our time here. Right off State Hwy. 35 , convenient to Rockport Tx. And coastal living. Comfortable cottage , large open floor plan. Has its own pier access for fishing.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Jessee P, Owner at Pelican Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope you choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Great place and great location! Staff was friendly and room was clean. I enjoyed fishing while my boys did some crabbing of the pier, they had a blast catching blue crabs! Only a couple of minutes from some great seafood restaurants, I recommend the Old Fulton Seafood restaurant, it was excellent!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jessee P, Owner at Pelican Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Room 21, Fri. and Sat. nights, dad and 3 sons fishing trip.

Gets the job done with a few perks like washer toss game pits, clubhouse, and a cozy pool with hot tub and waterfall/stream.

Property is very quaint, charming, even romantic with cottages and gazebo and almost 100% oak tree canopy over the whole property.

But.... our room was pricey for what turned out to be just a basic hotel room, 2 queens, fridge and microwave, small table and basic TV. It was attached to units on the side of ours.

And the Internet? What Internet? Between poor (1-bar) 4G cell/data service and spotty Wifi we basically had no Internet the whole time. And this was only a pool's length away from the Clubhouse Wifi hotspot.

I did enjoy the property grounds, proximity to the beach and I enjoyed the overall memorable trip with my boys.

Make note that there really isn't a "beach" in this part of Rockport with sand like you might expect at the ocean. The water edge is mostly boulders, retainer wall, or shell beach.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Timcy

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay. We have been working on upgrading our internet service and installing wifi extenders throughout the property to make it more enjoyable to our guests. I am truly sorry that it was not working properly during your stay. I would like to extend a 10% discount to you on your next stay if you do decide to come back and stay with us again. You can ask for me directly or just tell the front desk and they will be happy to honor the discount.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Unbelievably quaint jewel in Rockport. These are cottages that are very nice and yes quaint. They have everything you need for a nice stay. A very nice Puerto you can walk to with a gazebo for the avid fisherman. My husband being one! Reasonable price compared to the price of a hotel. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donaldandtrishm
Jessee P, Owner at Pelican Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

For the price I give it 5 stars. We were looking for an inexpensive place to take our two grandgirls fishing, we had never been to Rockport before. My husband went online and found this place that seemed to fit our needs. It wasn't fancy but it was clean and the pool and hot tub were sparkling, probably due to the diligence of the nice maintenance man. He gave us a very good tip about the nachos at The Oyster House. We got those and a half pound of boiled shrimp and not only were they delicious we couldn't eat it all! We stayed in a mini suite which was older but clean. The place was tree covered, the girls got a kick out of feeding the squirrels by hand. The ambience was SO much better than a hotel. All the staff and the manager were very friendly. The resort has a private lighted pier you can walk down to and it's open 24-7. We fished there for 3 nights in a row and between the four of us we probably caught 40-50 fish. We definitely plan on coming back and staying again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DonnaRA
Jessee P, Owner at Pelican Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for this great review! We hope you get to come back and see us again soon!