All reviews honeymoon suite covered parking beth smitty privacy accommodations coast bed breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Anthony's by the Sea was a pleasant surprise. We stayed in the guest house which was the original house built in the 40's with original hardwood floors - I felt like I was staying at my mom's old house. They were only 3 blocks from the beach so it was a easy walk. They have a small private pool and our party of 3 had the entire pool to ourselves.
They made bananas foster pancakes for breakfast and they were delish. Beth and Smitty are gracious hosts and you get a hug goodbye when you leave - not something you get from a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Our new favorite place to stay at the Coast – Anthony’s by the Sea (it’s a Bed & Breakfast). This hidden gem is 3 short blocks from the beach and shopping. Lots of options as far as accommodations - from couples – you should check out the newly remodeled “Honeymoon Suite” for sure! – to family groups (and are pet-friendly). The buildings aren't new, but are definitely very, very clean and comfortable. They have peaceful, beautiful gardens, covered parking, free (and fast) wi-fi, a swimming pool and the breakfasts ….. OMG! Every morning the 3 options change ... every morning it was a tough choice to make. All delicious!

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank MCVail
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Great hosts, terrific b&b.. special breakfasts and holiday buffets. Rooms in main house. . But also other small houses available to rent the whole thing! Within blocks if the beach. Very near downtown Rockport and Corpus Christi. .down the way. DON'T miss the Seashell shop in town.. Artist galleries, great birdwatching.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We stayed at Anthony's over Father's Day weekend and I was only disappointed that our schedule didn't allow us to stay for breakfast after our second night (breakfast starts at 8:30a, and we had to get going by 8:00am). Yes, the 'cabin' is a little dated but it had a good sized bathroom, large beds, plenty of space for a family of four to spread out, and a full kitchen - and the ladies are happy to find anything that you might be missing (we needed a corkscrew). My husband and I got to sit out on the patio after our kids went to bed and just relax which was so nice; most b&b's your common areas are too far from the bedroom for the baby monitor to reach. That's another benefit... they don't mind how little your kids are. We had our toddler and our baby and Beth and Smitty were so very accommodating to us.
Everything was clean, tidy and very quiet. Being back in a neighborhood with a nice park next door was a huge benefit for us (go see Mr. P in the park!). The beach and food and shopping was all a very short drive away.
I looked at just about every hotel/B&B in the area before deciding on Anthony's. If you've got children and still want a beach visit (without neighbors who are partying at all hour, or being cramped in a tiny room), call up Beth and Smitty!

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank WestTXTravelGirl
Reviewed 28 May 2015

This is not what I call a B&B, yes it does accept pets, however, the "cabin" allowing pets is not a cabin it is a converted garage! It was seriously outdated and smelled of cat urine so bad that I had to purchase a scented candle to mask the scent for the weekend. Breakfast was served whenever the owners felt it was time to get up not on a set schedule. They are friendly, however, the pictures are very misleading and for the price you can definitely find something better. This is not a place that I would book again!

Date of stay: March 2015