“Enjoyed Our Meal at Coronas in Rockdale”

Corona's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Rockdale
Reviewed 21 October 2019

We had dinner there this past week one night and had a good experience. Parking is all on street parking, but we were able to park about 50 yards from the front door, which is not terrible.

We were greeted and seated immediately and our server quickly brought our drinks and menus. The menu has a lot of options and the prices were reasonable. Our order was taken in a timely manner and in an average period of time our food arrived. The portion sizes were large and they were well presented. The food was hot and tasty.

While not a complaint, their chips and salsa leave something to be desired. The chips appeared greasy and were very thin and very crispy...almost hard. They were basically tasteless though. The salsa was not real spicy, which is fine with us, but it also was not very tasty. There was nothing wrong with any of that, but we would have preferred different chips and salsa.

The restaurant was clean but they tend to post hand written and or typed paper notices on the walls. Sorry, but that is not very appealing. Also, there were boxes of items on the floor around the checkout counter.

The decor is very good and quite authentic looking for a Mexican restaurant.

Overall, we enjoyed our meal and will be back.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Everytime I come through Rockdale I make sure and stop. I love their Avacodo stuffed Chicken...yummy!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 11 June 2019 via mobile

We stopped in with a large group. Welcomed and seated fast. Had a good selection of food and drinks. Clean and comfortable. Recommend when in the area.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 20 May 2019

When in Rockdale, TX you need to eat at Corona's Mexican Restaurant! As a life long Texas, I have eaten my share of Mexican food over the years. Corona's is one of the best. I highly recommend you give it a try next time you are in Rockdale, TX. I have tried several different things on the menu and all have been great! Very friendly staff and great food. Hard to beat that combo!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank enieto1977
Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

Wow, this was some of the best Mexican food I have had in a long time! I eat Mexican food a lot too. We were in town for our niece's wedding and stopped in to have lunch. We enjoyed it so much we went back for breakfast the next morning and it was great as well. Service was great as well.

Date of visit: December 2018