Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
cynfis1956
Seminole, Florida
via mobile
An experience to be had for local history

Reviewed 6 August 2018
90giseldas

All reviews texas history chuck wagon market days peach cobbler gift shop dog trot school children from place to place victorian mansion period costume answer questions houston area lots of history weather was perfect tour guides are great trip visitor center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful experience learning Texas history and seeing homes . Strongly recommend the cattle show ! The photo below depicts the dipping vat where cattle were dipped to remove ticks. Interesting story . The cowboys and girls and most of the interpreters were friendly and full of information. Very unique park.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This place is the best ever. It gives you the history and the feel of how it was in the past. Enjoyed the cattle and pictures with the Long Horns. My favorite was the blacksmith area and the cattle roundup.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Excellent place for family to learn about the pioneer days. Watch cowboys and pioneer people act out the old days. Visit some of the exhibits they have. When they have special events - sometimes State Park is there with animals, other vendors there - just a great place to have fun but learning at the same time!!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

History of Fort Bend County including original historical homes that are available for touring. Several times a year there are enactments of how living took place in the 1800’s.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Lunch again was so good. Quiche and fruit salad are always a winner. A must at least once a month with friends and family.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Went with a teenager and spent 4 hours exploring. See it all if you go. All of the activities are worth your time. You will learn a lot about TX history. A fun place for all ages. We packed a lunch, which allowed us to stay for hours. Glad we did. Easy to get to from Houston.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited with family from out of town. For the most part all staff was very friendly and informative. The cattle roping demonstration was awesome. The cowboys and cowgirls were very nice and paused during their discussion for questions to be asked. The kids even got to pet the horses. My grand kids loved this part. Then we get to Mr. Jones. He claims to live in the non-air conditioned 1830's style shack. Throughout the tour he mentioned several times that he was not an actor but had adopted this way of life so that he could provide "authentic" information to the ranch guests. I'm not sure if he was sincere or not. I mean, there were no doors, no screens on the windows and it was incredibly hot. At times he seemed to be very condescending and even rude when questions were asked. Now the other tour guides took on the roles of the home owners but didn't claim to live there. I would like to go back but I might avoid Mr. Jones home. I saw all that i wanted to see at the last visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited yesterday with our 5 and 6 year old children. As the school holidays hadn't started yet the place was very quiet and at times it felt we had it to ourselves which was fantastic. Every member of staff that we encountered was friendly , knowledgeable and always happy to chat and answer questions. We especially loved the cowboy demonstration, which I think made our kids' trip to Texas! I can't recommend this place enough, had they had somewhere to buy lunch we probably would have stayed for another couple of hours. If we return to the area we will definitely go back and see what we missed this time.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

For a place that was supposed to be fun for my child and his classmates, I feel it has been one of the worst experiences. Staff was not friendly, the only exception was the woman that gave us a tour of the White House in the property. However, Mr. Jones had a condescending attitude and was plain RUDE, as a parent I often felt scolded and I didn’t appreciate being talked in that manner as he stated we were guests. Another parent was talked rudely while waiting for the tractor. You are in the business of making people feel welcomed and it was a total fail. I never like to bring race into the picture but with a predominantly group of Hispanics in the visit we felt we were being treated differently because of how we looked. Another person was asked are you all related?! That’s completely inappropriate and insulting alluding that we are all related because of our ethnicity. As a parent I will be letting my school know that this should be crossed from any future field trips.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My husband and I went to George Ranch on a Tuesday in mid-May. We spent about 5 hours touring the 4 homes, other structures, watching a livestock demonstration and so much more. The cowgirls and cowboy was interesting to watch. We got a big kick out of watching the calves jump into the water for tick dripping. Staff was at each house and played the part of the person living at the house. Uncle Bob had some interesting stories. We also enjoyed watching the work in the blacksmith shop and old time chuck wagon. Many school children were touring as well. We were usually able to get tours at each site without all of the kids. We heard male alligators growling in the wooded area and we saw one in a pond. The houses had nice furnishing from the period of each house. A tractor and trailer takes people from site to site on the ranch. The open air trailer was very nice and had a cover. I like walking but the shaded trailer felt good. The driver was really nice. There were picnic tables available as well. The entire staff was awesome. It is hard to list everything that we did and saw. Admission was $15 for adults and free parking. I defiantly recommend touring this ranch.