“Want to let someone know that you are alive? Write a review.”

Kabobi Fresh Mediterranean
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabobi Fresh Mediterranean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 479 Restaurants in Richardson
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 21 June 2016

So, I predate the Jimmah Carter era and have enjoyed Persian food both in the country itself and where Persian cuisine is at its best ie LA California. Much to my delight, Dallas has, over the decades, grown to have excellent repast choices. Persian/ Mediterranean/Middle Eastern PMM (forgive the lumping of the three areas but the restaurants in Dallas do this in order to widen their appeal) food is quite good here and it was only 20 years ago that going to one of these establishments was a way to experience for a short while what the Embassy Hostages must have endured. So, I see complaints about dry meat, fried fish, bad service, costs, uninspiring desert etc. and am appalled. One reviewer said the dish did not look good so he did not eat it but opined anyway.
it is now my turn to mislead you. Kabobi is in an area with many similar restaurants, almost like being in a quaint bazaar with choices and choices, except that you are in Dallas and must drive to each choice and nothing is quaint. So, I have lunch with my daughter who works nearby every Thursday and over time, have had lunch at every PMM in the area several times and we have settled on Kabobi as our favorite. The $12 buffet is reasonable if you eat at least .8 pounds of food, especially meats with the wonderful sauces applied and save money with a small snack for dinner. Done correctly, the pallid desert choice is inconsequential as you are only a wafer mint away from exploding. The little fish are actually one of my favorite items, light batter, flavor is great, and you can eat more of another meat because it is a buffet. Without a doubt, Kabobi has the best to offer of the PMM, and if your meat is dry, try a different choice or gargle with olive oil for all I care. The restaurant is a wonderful find, the white table cloths confused me at first but once tucked under my chin I realized the brilliance..I put 5 for the rating as it is located in Dallas...compared to Israel, L.A., Cairo, London and even Turkey it would be less than a 5..but it is only $12 without airfare.

1  Thank Duane P

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I got there for an early dinner before going to a show at a theater in the same parking lot. I guess to prove that they only serve fresh food, the first 3 things I ordered were not available. Of course, I didn't find out until about 5 minutes after ordering each time and my waitress would come back saying, they said we are out of that too. I ended up getting a gyro plate and the meat was dry. Others at my table ordered kabobs and were absolutely in love with them. I tried a bite of theirs and could see why they liked it so much. Waitress did make up the problems on the ticket with a discount, so I appreciated the effort. I may try this place again in the future, hoping that I can get some of the fresh stuff.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Found this place on a whim for lunch in a Sunday afternoon. It doesn't let ok like much and it's in a strip mall type of location, but it is really good. It's Mediterranean/ Greek / Indian type food. We were there on Sunday afternoon and they had the buffet, which I highly recommend. They give you a basket of bread and then you get what you want from the buffet. It's not huge, but everything I tried was really good. The service was great and everyone was very nice. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I don't usually rate local restaurants but this place is fantastic. We had it delivered. I could tell through the containers that the dishes were prepared with care and with fresh ingredients. The seasoning on the beef and chicken was light and delicious. The salads were crunchy fresh. Even the rice was prepared and seasoned perfectly. I'm starting to sound like a stockholder.....I'm not! Good stuff!

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I had the lunch buffet on a weekday. I would rate it just ok: The baked eggplant was good although very oily. They serve baskets of fresh pitas at your table, which was good to eat with the hummous. Falafels were hard and chewy. The service is a little tense as the lady running the place seemed to be trying to do too much herself. The place is clean but with the white cloth covered tables holding the buffet in a corner of the room and a generous seating area opposite for some reason I felt like I was at a wedding reception but I didn't know any of the other guests. I left feeling like I overpaid for what I got. Won't go back.

Been to Kabobi Fresh Mediterranean? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK