“Great Hyatt and Place to stay”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 2 April 2012

If your considering a place to stay outside of the beltway, consider this hotel...its right off Highway 75, only a 15 minute drive from most major places in Dallas(uptown, AA center etc) and the staff is great! They really treated us well and were very attentive to all our needs! The hotel ALSO surprised us as we were there for my daughters birthday with a cake with candles in our room when we returned on Friday night from an outing!

Also there are great places that are UNIQUE TO DALLAS right across the street(not chains)..twisted root burger, sushi, panara (okay so its a chain) two bars, urban eats, a park...also one reason we booked this hotel is FREE PARKING (we were going to stay at the Hyatt downtown but parking was crazy).....a few other reasons to stay!

Room Tip: Any room is really a good room, its far enough from the DART and HWY 75 and I think they also took t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Zach D
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson appreciates you sharing your experience. We are happy you enjoyed the surprise cake during your birthday celebration. We look forward to serving you again!

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights for a convention, and being completely wrapped up in the convention, I don't remember much about the hotel. Probably because I have nothing to complain about! Nice, spacious rooms with a comfortable king size bed, plenty of towels, good guest service. My favorite part was eating in the bar late on a Friday night. The food was divine. I ordered a bowl of clam chowder soup, the special of the day. Delicious! And the rolls were chewy and studded with sunflower seeds--I was in heaven. Until the desserts arrived, and I practically swooned. So, okay, this reads more like a restaurant review now. I'd consider staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank purplebouquet
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Work has taken me to the Dallas region one week a month. Being on the road and away from my family has been eased by the Hyatt North Dallas / Richardson. This hotel is a gem - clean, organized and the staff are all so great. They remember names and are mind readers with regard to guest needs. I have stayed at other hotels close by and none match this Hyatt. There is a shuttle whenever you need it to get to stores or the office. Room service arrives hot, wake up calls are on time and every effort is made to make guests happy. The front desk staff are so helpful it shames other hotels. They make service look so easy - when any traveler knows that is not the case. Kudos to them! The outdoor pool, gym and hot tub are great too.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the high floors have extensive views on a clear day or evening,
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ClubCar26
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson appreciates your kind words. We certainly strive to not only meet, but exceed guest expectations. We will share this with our entire team!

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I really liked this hotel. Not only was the service top-notch, but the restaurant was extremely good as well.
However, the location is in Richardson, TX, which is kind of a far drive away from all the shops, etc. There aren't many restaurants in walking distance of this hotel, but there were some, like a pizza store and a really good place (I forgot the name, but it has pretty much everything). The hotel has hired a personal driving service, and it costs a lot just to get to the malls. From the DFW airport to this hotel, it costs roughly $70. Very expensive driving service for slightly erratic driving.
The room I was in was in an adjoining room, and I did not hear anything from the other guests, which was nice. The beds were comfortable and the view was really nice (on the 3rd floor), but the sheets smelled a little strange (maybe it is just the detergent they use). The actual bathroom area is small, but the vanity area is quite spacious.
What really upset me was that the maid service did not clean our room. We got back to the room at 7:00 p.m. and our room and bathroom were not cleaned--no one had cleaned our room! However, we called customer service and a housekeeper quickly came by to tidy up and replace the towels, etc.
Overall, great stay. Very comfortable and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

LifesGood_2011,

I appreciate you response and thank you for your kind words. I would also like to let you know that I will personally go over your experience with our Car Service. We partner with them because we believe they are a step above the rest and this is not the experience we would hope for either.

I look forward to seeing you again,

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just stayed at this hotel over the weekend. The staff were friendly with the exception of the breakfast chef, rooms were clean and a great breakfast buffet. The only thing that stops me from giving this hotel an excellent is....at breakfast I requested freshly scrambled eggs and the chef made me feel as if it was an inconvenience and a bother to him to prepare them. Other than that, great hotel in a nice area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Versailles2011

Versailles2011,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I also wanted to apologize for the service experience you encountered with one of our morning chefs. You are certainly not an inconvenience to us. We appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to serving you again.

Thank you!

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager.