“Just as good as it was 40 years ago”
Review of Isabel's Cafe

Isabel's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We came to Padre Island often when I was in my teens, and Isabel’s was the place which fed us. We just didn’t want to get away from her delicious ConTodo ! This is a large flour tortilla filled with potato, beans, cheese, eggs, etc. Isabel’s cooking raised me.

Here, 40 years later, and we’re enjoying the ConTodo again, which tastes almost as good as I remember. They’ve changed the cheese they put in the meal; now it’s the processed liquid cheese, not as good as the proper grated cheese I’m remembering Isabel served in the 70s.

Unfortunately Isabel died 3 years ago, but her life and her legend lives on. Her descendent own and run the cafe now... daughter, grandson, nephews and nieces. I had fun sharing stories of my snapshot memories, of how the cafe looked in the 1970s and how Isabel ran it.

Service was excellent, very attentive. So glad I was able to be here again.

1  Thank MyHobbyIsTravel

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast at affordable prices. We had the moves and some tacos. Very friendly staff as well. We will be back.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The food was wonderful, breakfast till 3, & the most friendly staff. Family owned & operated for over 45 years & it definitely shows. Everything I have had from pancakes to burritos have been so good I scrape the plate! I have even seen little kids eat everything on their plate if that tells you anything. Highly recommend this little place especially for families.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The whole family enjoyed eating here, even my son that has sensory issues enjoyed it. The tostada was so delicious and the hot sauce was spicy but not burning. If Authentic Mexican food is what you are looking for, this is the place!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This locally family owned is undoubtedly the favorite of us locals and visitors. A good indication is the fact it usually hard to find parking. It is worth any wait. To be able to order a smaller sized breakfast taco is a real plus. Delicious.