All reviews above ground pool and hot tub short walk to the beach beach house great place to stay rooms are spacious stay in port aransas great beach fishing trip enjoyed our stay melissa property harvey office
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Beachcomber 3 maybe 4 times and even referred family and friends to the Beachcomber.
The price for the time of year we stay is reasonable and the rooms are perfect for our needs. We are able to cook some of meals in the kitchens as well as make packed lunches for the days at the beach. The location is perfect for us as well. Only blocks from the beach, Bron’s Shaved Ice (they have AMAZING margaritas that are sealed so you can take them in the car to the beach), the store...this is just an amazing place.
The owner and Melissa are so sweet and accommodating. We have our May trip planned already and look forward to contributing to the Port A. economy.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at Beachcomber several times. It is not a fancy place, but comfortable, close to the beach, and dog friendly. Melissa(owner) is always friendly and accomodating. This was our first trip to Port A. since Hurricane Harvey. It was heartbreaking to see all of the devastation there. A few restaurants are now open, as is the grocery store, and a couple gas stations. The beach was beautiful as always, which was our primary reason for going. On every street we drove down we saw people hard at work repairing the island. There's no doubt that Port Aransas will be back and better than ever before we know it!!! If you love Port A., like we do, don't hesitate to visit and see all of the love and hard work being poured into restoring this special place!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. We knew what to expect in regards to the rooms since years ago we used to visit this place at least once a month during the year then took a two week vacation here each year. However it has been 15 yrs since we stayed here. The previous owners were the sweetest people Loved them! After they sold we went once more and wasn't fond of the new owners way of doing things. So we quit staying there. This yr we thought we would try it again to see how it would go. The rooms are the same. Typical older worn beach apt. Nothing fancy but has most of what you need. I like the full kitchens although pots pans and dishes are sparce but you can make due just take extra with you. I don't like that they no longer do the towel exchange daily and I don't like that you have to go to an office off the property to sign the papers and pick up keys. It's just not as personable. Melanie is sweet and worked with us on our length of stay Steve is nice. My advice is don't stay here over 4th of July. While the place is geared towards family and is generally quiet and laid back. During our visit 5 carloads of young adults with 5 older Folks came in. All drunk! Hooten and Hollaring Peeling out with their tires, shaving cream fights, foul language etc. we were having a nice dinner picnic on the patio with our grandchildren outside our room when they showed up and they broke my sons side mirror on his car! I called to report it to management and what was happening only to be told "well, it's 4th of July and your going to have partiers on the island". My husband had gone downstairs and told the people to quiet down and move their truck from behind our car so that we could get out. The old drunk lady got out of her jeep and pushed my disabled husband in the chest!! Our grandchildren were crying wanting to leave this place over what was going on. It was awful but we were told "the management doesn't want to get involved" so we had to call the police. The management could have ask those disturbing the peace and disturbing other guest to leave The premises and not allowed them to stay there but management did nothing. . Those in that room had 5 cars plus a 6 seater golf cart that took up most of the parking spaces leaving no room for other quest. So we and other guest ended up parking on the grass by the road instead of in the parking lot hoping we didn't get towed. Before those people got there we were having such a wonderful time. The place was so peaceful. The above ground pool is nice although I never saw them clean it while we were there and it always had sand in the bottom but still it was fine. The hot tub is the same old hot tub from 15 yrs ago it was working when we first got there but sadly broke mid stay. The grounds around the pool area have a tropical feel to them which is nice. We enjoyed it. Our door in our first room was sticking and by our 3rd night we couldn't even get in the room and was stuck outside! So they hired someone to come the next day to replace the door frame and door. It was a construction zone! We ask them to put the repairs off until after we changed rooms but they couldn't. We tried to be gone out of the room while construction was going on but after being at the beach for 4.5 hrs we were ready for a shower and air conditioning. Yep...they were still there working on the door!! I will say the repair guy did clean up afterwards other than what fell below to the patio under us. The Beachcomber offered us nothing for our discomfort or issues pertaining to the door!! We were in room 2. While we didn't expect anything fancy and knew pretty much about the rooms I'll say room 2 is probably the most outdated with only thrown together decor. It was my least fav room! Other rooms are more put together more theme like with better appliances and decor. I don't think we will ever stay in 2 again. As I said it's a nice decent budget friendly place. Steve is great and Melanie is sweet! But to me the place feels more corporate owned and has lost that personal feel to it. I still love the place and will stay here again just not around the 4th of July when they allow partiers!!! If they aren't going to do towel exchanges anymore it would be nice if they would put in a couple washers and dryers for Guest to pay to use. I forgot the day after the incident Steve came and talked to us said he had spoken to those who came in drunk and causing the scene as well. Told us that he spoke to them and was telling us the same thing. That if anything happened again like the night before that we would be ask to leave. In our minds we thought "but we reported it to management and called the police yet management at the time it was happening chose to do nothing said we should expect partiers and they didn't want to get involved"'!!!!! Smh!' Wasn't happy that we were told the same thing as the drunks when we are the ones who reported it and had property damage on our vechicle! I have mixed feelings about our stay here this time. Part of it was fantastic! Decently clean older style rooms, nice pool and hot tub about a block from the beach and very affordable for families. Wonderful family atmosphere for a big part of our stay so I don't want the incident and a few drunks who were allowed to stay there who caused trouble to take anything away from how nice it had been prior to the drunks arrival!!! Room 1 is the best upstairs 1 bedroom and you can see the ocean from living room window and patio. Don't stay in room 2 1 bedroom upstairs it's the most outdated. For most privacy room 10 which is newer and secluded is a nice option. Rooms 11 and 12 can been rented together or separated and are both nice with nice patios and views. Room 6 is where we spent the last two nights. It was cozy downstairs. No view and the patio has no breeze due to the air conditioner being right there and as it's enclosed but it does give you privacy. Melanie and Steve as I said are sweet people but I don't like the corporate feel to the place. But enjoyed talking with Steve. All in all our family enjoyed it and will stay here again but will book early to get the better rooms and won't book over the 4th of July again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MammieB33
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

For a group if guys on a fishing trip perfectly fine. Everything works, a.c. ran the whole time, this lends to the fact it needs major updating.

The beds were good not great.
Plenty of towels
Basic cook ware plates spoons forks....

Was not dirty
Was not loud (guests)

Was close to beach
Was close to food

All in all not bad but if you like swanky places this is not your cup-o-tea

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric P
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time back at the Beachcomber. We love coming here...the owner is a super nice guy . Melissa, that works in the office is always so nice. They also let you bring your dogs which is a huge plus for us...we ALL love the beach and you literally can walk a block to the beach. All of the rooms are furnished and have kitchens or kitchenettes. Prices are VERY reasonable and we are going back in July! The Beachcomber is our go to when we stay in Port A!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family