New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great view, clean condo, however check in delayed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Gull Condominiums

Sea Gull Condominiums
Austin, Texas
“Great view, clean condo, however check in delayed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Very happy with the view we had in room 903L. The place was very clean and the free cabanas daily was an added bonus. However we were not happy that we got there on Sunday by 4 and the room was not ready until 5:30. There were no apologies of any sort however the man behind the desk offered to hold our luggage in the conference room until our room was ready. Beware of all the jellyfish in the area and the beach was full of seaweed but of course, of no fault of the condo.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank esteves1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed at Sea Gull over a long weekend (Thursday-Monday), and had a wonderful time. At a charity silent auction last fall, I bid for and won a stay in a two-bedroom unit at these condos. We then reserved a second unit so that we could take our entire family, including grandchildren. This condominium facility is very well-run and the units are nicely set up with everything you need. The furnishings in both units were very nice and our kitchen, in particular, was great. We used our unit as headquarters and had plenty of room for our group to play games and have meals together in the evening. (And the AC's worked! We have had troubles in the past in various places in Port A with the AC's just not able to keep up with the heat and humidity.)

I like Seagull because its distance from town means there is much less vehicle traffic on the beach road (a concern when you have small children running back-and-forth). Every unit has a balcony with a gulf view; so, unlike some other properties, you do not have to pay extra to see the water! Also, the building itself is set very close the beach, so you have only a short walk on the boardwalk before getting to the beach. Makes it much easier to schlep your coolers, bags, etc. from your unit to the beach. And, best of all, they have cabana boys! Very nice young men will set up comfortable lounge chairs and sun shelters for you each morning and then you can keep yours all day. There is no additional charge except to tip the guys who help you. (I was especially happy about this, as we had driven off and left my beach chairs sitting in our garage at home.)

I definitely would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HornsFan73
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

My wife and I had plans fall through between Christmas and New Years because of flights. We decided to drive to Port Aransas so our 3 year old and 20 month old could play in the sand a little. the weather was to be in the mid 70s. We picked Sea Gull and did not regret it. We stayed in 406 and it was awesome. The condo itself was like a home away from home. Our own apartment. Living area and kitchen were spacious with updated appliances. Bedroom was comfortable. The view was incredible out the windows. Boardwalk and beach right below us. The staff was helpful with restaurants and ideas. Overall a really pleasant and relaxing stay. Will come here again next time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Topher1110
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

My wife and I, our three children, and my Mom stayed in room 201 for a full week and it has been a wonderful experience all the way around. Friendly staff, closer to the beach than any other resort on the island, and a beautiful room. The kids and a room with two sets of bunks that the absolutely loved. The master suite has a magnificent view of the Gulf right from the bed. Aside from the up close views, it was very convenient to have such a short walk to the beach with all our stuff. The front bedrooms had a great view of the flats and this ubit is right above the pool.

The best I can do to criticize is the pool was freezing, unusably cold. They do not heat it in October. I saw several families try to use it and they all left. I felt that was a cheap way to save money on their part at the expense of their guests. Our condo was somewhat dated although impeccably clean. I get the impression they are currently upgrading this unit, as the brand new higher end appliances stoop oit in contrast to the older cabinets and hardware.

Without a doubt we will be back next year, likely reqiesting this very unit. I have stayed at several places, including Port Royal right next door. My family agrees with me that the peaceful vibes of this place far surpass the resort feeling of Port Royal, as we adopted this unit as our home almost instantly.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank MatthewATx
SW Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

Our recent stay at Sea Gull Condo's was not up to the usual impeccable standards we have enjoyed for the past 8 years. But, outstanding follow-up service from Rowena, the property manager, has made me edit my former review.

Rowena called me and personally apologized for any problems we might have had during our recent stay. One really cool thing is that she remembered my family....which was really neat!!! We've stayed there the past 8 years.... Rowena made things right with me and went above and beyond her job as manager of Sea Gull Condos.

I would like to thank her for the helpful and sincere outstanding effort to unsure our desire to return to Sea Gull next summer. I believe other properties could take a lesson from Rowena, in regards to personal service and assuring guests that they really do matter to management!

Thank you Rowena for making our stay awesome.....and ensuring our satisfaction!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
10.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas
16.2 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpu...
#21 of 83 in Corpus Christi

Been to Sea Gull Condominiums? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK