“Homemade Delicious Food”

Irie's Island Food
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 16
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Irie's Island Food is an extra casual, very small restaurant serving lunch only. Hours of operation are seasonal in this vacation town. We feature fresh handmade food prepared by the chef/owner who is a graduate of the Culinary institute of America. Creative tacos on house made tortillas, Hawaiian, Asian, American/tropical, and international cuisine is offered at our establishment. We also make New Orleans style beignets from scratch, roast our own coffee, and even have creme brulee to go!
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This food might have been the best food I have ever had. And considering my waist size, that says a lot. I originally passed this restaurant up, despite reading the reviews, as the place was small and obviously family owned, and I wasn't in the mood for greasy food as is usually common for small businesses.
However, after a sad attempt to another restaurant we were looking for, (We are from after town, and didn't know the area) we returned to the restaurant.

My mother wanted the chicken sandwich but I had already ordered it, so she picked the beef taco so she could taste two different meals she picked off my plate. We got our food pretty quickly and my mother took a bite of my sandwich. After she tasted it, she looked at me with the look of jealousy and greed that only come from someone discovering cursed treasure. The food was good, is my point. TOO good. I'm not entirely sure someone DIDN'T sell their soul for this place.

Everything seemed homemade and perfectly spiced. The prices were mostly cheap, although sides and drinks aren't included in the entree meals.

I am sure, years from now, I will wake up in a cold sweat dreaming of that sandwich.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Cool little place the food was fresh and tasty. The tortilla was amazing. I can’t wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Great variety of food and great food. Shrimp taco was a meal and also had crap spring rolls. Delicious. Went back that night for beignets with custard cream. AWESOME! You have to and it’s worth the wait.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We spent several days in Port Aransas and this was our first stop to eat right after a nasty rainstorm. The insides are nothing special, but the food is excellent. It was the best meal we had in a vacation town littered with not so good restaurants.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We stop in at least once every trip to the island. We learned the hard way to show up at opening time and be prepared to order everything you might want. They sell out and run out of places to sit pretty fast.

1  Thank Shauna L