“Awesome Top-Notch Food, Service and Great Family!”
Review of Frankie’s Kitchen - CLOSED

Frankie’s Kitchen
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Family owned and operated. Dedicated to cooking, fresh, home made food. Breakfast all day! Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, Omelets, Biscuits & Gravy, Grits, Fruit and more. Lunch includes Specials, Fish, Shrimp, Burgers, Soup and much more. Evenings we offer real BBQ by Lance who is a award winning BBQ'er. Deserts are made by Frankie and daughter Joni. Pies, Banana Pudding and more!
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I only discovered Frankie's earlier this year after hearing about it from several locales. Since February, I've been coming to Frankie's every time I come to town. The soft shelled crabs are AWESOME, shrimp are extra jumbo, and oysters are always fresh and likewise very good - each with a homemade batter. In comparison to the "fine dining" options in Port Aransas, hands-down Frankie's is the very best place in town. Chef Frankie makes all of her own batters (crab, shrimp, fish, oysters); and her pancakes are out of this world. I only wish I had discovered this place several years ago when they opened as their food is outstanding. Also noteworthy are their outstanding desserts including homemade banana pudding, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake, ...... I sure hope they made it safely through Hurricane Harvey and will return to Port Aransas.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The food was really good for the size of the place, very quaint and friendly. I would easily go back here again for differnt meal choices and recommend it favorably.

Frankie P, Owner at Frankie’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank You for comments, proves good things can come from small packages. Please comeback soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The food was only OK, not nearly as good as the other reviews led us to believe. Our group had hamburgers, fried fish, fried oysters. The burgers were large and the grease soaked through the buns before they reached the table. Grandma and the kids were not impressed. The fish was good but small portion at that price. The oysters were good fresh ones but they were all small ones with lots of batter. Over all the high cost, long island wait, and disappointing food was a let down after reading all the reviews. The people working there were all very nice. They do have a great family atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This is a tiny out of the way place - just 6 tables with a sign up board outside for seating. We were there by 7:30 and 3 of the six tables were available. I had the country breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, home fries and a biscuit. My daughter had pancakes, eggs and bacon. It was all good and the people are so nice! We have now had breakfast at both Frankie's and Avery's. My preference is Avery's. My daughter prefers Frankie's. I like that Avery's is a bit bigger with more parking. I also think they are a little less expensive. I don't think you can go wrong eating at either place.

2  Thank Marilyn H
Frankie P, Owner at Frankie’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank You for your comments and say "Hi" to your daughter. Hope you make it back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Food was good area was neat waits are very long, about a 1 hour outside under a tent and a 45 minute wait for food once you got in. Very expensive $12.99 for a burger!!!

Frankie P, Owner at Frankie’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Wish I could fix the "wait". Home cooking and good food has it's downside, sorry.