“Rich, generous scoops”

Henry's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 29 Dessert in Plano
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 2
Description: Award Winning Ice Cream made Daily !ICE CREAM MAKES YOU PRETTY !!
Description: Award Winning Ice Cream made Daily !ICE CREAM MAKES YOU PRETTY !!
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Henry's Ice Cream was first introduced to me last year when the proprietor of an ice cream parlor in Ft. Davis, TX stopped serving Bluebell after Bluebell pulled their products from the market. It was an acceptable substitute.

So I had heard the Henry's company store was in Plano. I had to try it out. If you're an ice cream lover, you've got to seek this place out too, at least for the experience.

First, the ice cream has a high butterfat content. It's very rich, probably the richest I've ever had in memory. I like that very much. Second, the scoops are generous. Third, they serve innovative flavors that aren't commonly found elsewhere, like lavender. Finally, they're creative when it comes to the little touches. For example, my hot fudge sundae was made with the syrup placed under as well as on top of the ice cream. That meant every bit was gooey and good. They also choose wooden spoons for the cups and the sundaes. This may not seem like a big deal but wood has a pleasing texture when it goes next to ice cream - think of an ice cream bar on a stick.

The place was hopping when I visited. They could have used more tables to seat customers. The day was hot so nobody wanted to eat outside. It's popular place during the summer, as it well deserves to be.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Jim C

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Just totally overrated. Ice cream was just ok. I might not going back again. Place is nice and service was good.

Date of visit: July 2017
1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank You for coming in.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Ah maple, ML Dubay toffee, vanilla bean, cinnamon (bring it home and put it on warm apple pie)... Some of my favorites. Henry is a great guy who makes some seriously good ice cream. I'k kind of stuck in a rut for either vanilla or maple malts which both make great malts (in my opinion). I haven't found any I like more! Nothing fancy but some great ice cream as far as I'm concerned. when I was younger I had ice cream at Henry's all the time. Henry's motto, ice cream makes you pretty but unfortunately, my weight disagrees so now it is something I have to ration and look forward to.

Date of visit: June 2017
1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

We Love our job ! Thank You

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Henry's has a quaint, nostalgic feel to it - a nice environment. Srvice was friendlt and prompt However, the ice cream was average. It had a good texture, but was almost tasteless. I had the coconut and it was basically vanilla ice cream with some tasteless coconut flakes in it. Very disappointing. In fact, I didn't even finish it - not worth the calories.

Date of visit: May 2017
1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank You for visiting.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Flavors change regularly. The scoops are huge. They will sell kiddie scoops to grown ups. The dino egg is extremely blue.

Date of visit: April 2017
1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank You for coming in and patronizing our establishment. We all here appreciate you.