“My go to ice cream shop”

Henry's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 29 Dessert in Plano
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 2
Description: Award Winning Ice Cream made Daily !ICE CREAM MAKES YOU PRETTY !!
Description: Award Winning Ice Cream made Daily !ICE CREAM MAKES YOU PRETTY !!
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Ah maple, ML Dubay toffee, vanilla bean, cinnamon (bring it home and put it on warm apple pie)... Some of my favorites. Henry is a great guy who makes some seriously good ice cream. I'k kind of stuck in a rut for either vanilla or maple malts which both make great malts (in my opinion). I haven't found any I like more! Nothing fancy but some great ice cream as far as I'm concerned. when I was younger I had ice cream at Henry's all the time. Henry's motto, ice cream makes you pretty but unfortunately, my weight disagrees so now it is something I have to ration and look forward to.

1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

We Love our job ! Thank You

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Henry's has a quaint, nostalgic feel to it - a nice environment. Srvice was friendlt and prompt However, the ice cream was average. It had a good texture, but was almost tasteless. I had the coconut and it was basically vanilla ice cream with some tasteless coconut flakes in it. Very disappointing. In fact, I didn't even finish it - not worth the calories.

1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank You for visiting.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Flavors change regularly. The scoops are huge. They will sell kiddie scoops to grown ups. The dino egg is extremely blue.

1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank You for coming in and patronizing our establishment. We all here appreciate you.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I am buying ice cream cakes since 1998 when this store was in its old location at Independence and 15th st. The ice cream store has moved to Parker Road and Independence Road, south east corner next to Tom Thumb.
Now for the quality of Ice cream- I simply can say- heavenly and the best. The texture of ice cream is smooth and creamy. They take orders for custom make ice cream flavors. The fruits and nuts are genuine and nothing is artificial. Service and atmosphere is great any day and any time. Thanks for serving the people of Plano. Love you guys and of course the wonderful ICE CREAM. ❤️❤️❤️

1ICECREAM1, Owner at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

You a big Fan. Thank you for the review ! It is helpful !
See you soon !

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Visited 1 month ago. Big disappointment in "award winning" ice cream and customer service. Eager high schoolers behind the counter, but made for confusion and chaos with our orders. (as we ordered another family came in and their orders were taken while we were still ordering).
Walked in and looked at the board ready to get 2 scoops in a bowl x 2, 2 scoops in a cone x2, and 2 hot fudge sundaes. Got our orders and all were different sizes. Took one pic before eating, but should have gotten the 3rd pic of a 2 scoop in a cup...it came in a blue tiny Dixie cup.
Overall the taste was meh. Nothing award winning at all. I regretted the fatty vanilla. Hubby regretted his flavorless chocolate. Kids weren't impressed with much and left some with a coating of the hot fudge on the bottom.
The price for it all was higher than a full family meal out. Crazy expensive.
The inside of Henry's is shockingly outdated, clutteted & dirty with our nasty stained and spotted clothed covered seats. No one is out busting tables.
I'm read for the owner to respond with how his scoops are the biggest in the Metroplex and how much he does for the community. Doesn't matter to me I will be headed to our favorite ice cream chain for some delish ice cream where the owners take pride in customer service as much as their family owned business and raw milk products.
I did get the owners response from another review I posted. But after our first experience we wouldn't ever go back.