“Disappointed!”
Review of Mignon

Mignon
Reserve with OpenTable
Mignon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 990 Restaurants in Plano
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 50
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lorimar
Description: Mignon believes the finer things in life are fresh food, good conversation, and an exceptional drink. Come join us. We have a warm romantic atmosphere that takes you back to a time when you are sitting in Paris in your regular private Bistro. At Mignon you can expect to receive the very best in service and menu selections. We only serve the freshest in seafood and hand cut prime steaks.
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I had made reservations for Mother's Day. When we arrived they told me it would be five minutes before our table was ready. We waited and then they kept telling us that it would be a few more minutes and then again. We did not get seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time. There was a lot of people that got seated that did not have reservations before us. Also they did not put on their website that it was a set menu only for Mother's day. They should have made that clear that you only had that one choice. It was 50 dollars a person. My daughter is a vegetarian so it did not have choice for her. After we complained they made her a meal but it was not worth 50 a person. We got served our meal an hour or more after we were seated. They were not well prepared for Mother's day. Our server did her best.
She asked the manager to come talk to us because we were dissatisfied. The manager never came over to talk to us. My husband heard other people complaining at other tables. The meal they served was nothing great. The dessert was the only thing that I liked. I will not return there again.

1  Thank eagles78

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I visited the restaurant Mignon located at 4005 Preston Rd, Plano, TX on March 16 from my birthday.
This was to be a birthday gift to myself. I would go to a fine restaurant and enjoy a delicious meal.
My visit started out very well. The restaurant had a nice décor. The manager greeted me with a smile.
He introduced himself. I do not know his name. He was from Lebanon. However, from this point until
I left my visit to Mignon was a series of disappointing events.

After introducing himself the manager quietly said, "I remember you were here with your daughter." He then
disappeared. This did not make any sense. I figured he must have mistaken me for someone else.
So, I ignored what he said for two reasons. First, I do not have a daughter. Second, This is my first
time visiting this restaurant. When the server came to take my order, I said, "I am a vegetarian, but
sometimes I can have fish." I then asked if did they serve fresh fish, because not I said, "I had better
leave." He assured me that everything served is fresh. All his menu suggestions were for cheap items.
He repeatedly said, "Order this one. This is the cheapest." I found this to be very rude.
I ordered the salmon and a glass of wine, Sauvignon blanc.
The glass given to me contained only a very small amount of wine.
It looked like a tester. I asked the server why the glass contained so little wine.
He said my order was for 6 oz. This was embarrassing and upset me.
Half of a large glass is 6 ounces but my glass had only a small amount at the bottom.
This was nowhere close to 6 oz. The wine also tasted strange, not like Sauvignon blanc.
I did not complain and ignored it. The wine in my glass I learned was a mixture of various
wines from other glasses. I experience severe headaches, an allergic reaction, when different wines
are mixed
Since I was hungry, I decided to order an appetizer while I waited. No one ever asked how
everything was going or it I needed anything ,otherwise. The manager immediately brought me
fried calamari. I was impossible to chew. It had no taste or smell. It was like it was two weeks
old. It was totally inedible. I was able to eat the jalapenos, however.
When the salmon finally did arrive, I immediately knew if was not fresh. Again, I did not complain.
I tried eating, but after a couple of bites I decided to leave and take the rest in a To-Go box. I asked
for the receipt, along with not being charged for the calamari.
I explained to the manager I would pay for everything legitimate.
I would not pay the $14.00 for calamari requested. It could be classified as food, plus the server took
it away(Probably for the next customer). It would tough and totally inedible.
I would also not pay for the $9.00 requested for an
unnamed mystery item. My guess it was the bread. Especially, since I am already being forced to
pay $14.00 for a glass which contained an inadequate amount of wine that was a mixture from
other peoples' glasses. In addition, I am paying $21.00 fro salmon that was not fresh an was served
with canned corn.

Even though, I took the salmon with me, I was unable to eat it. I suspect and would not be
surprised if the manager from Lebanon spit on it. So, I just put it in the trash to be safe.
So, instead of a nice gift to myself where I go to a fine restaurant and leave having enjoyed a
delicious meal. I left Mignon not only extremely disappointed, but also with a severe headache
and very hungry.

2  Thank bepamockba
Reviewed 3 May 2017

As always, the latest visit to Mignon is just as exquisite as the first! There's so much praise I want to heap on John and the entire staff for ensuring that every dining experience - from a casual Sunday brunch to an intimate wedding reception - goes above and beyond our expectations. The service is very attentive and genuinely pleasant, and the food... I could go on for days about how absolutely perfect the texture of the salmon is, the way the sherry jus makes you fall in love with roasted chicken all over again, and how you'll find yourself mopping up the garlic butter with freshly-baked bread long after you've inhaled the escargot. Just make sure to leave room for one of Mignon's superb desserts (I don't think you'll find a better crème brûlée in DFW). And with our favorites lining the bar - Lagavulin 16 and Glenlivet 15 - every sip and nibble is heaven for our taste buds. Can't wait to visit again!

1  Thank mk6gti
Kreszentia P, Public Relations Manager at Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you so much!!
We cannot thank you enough for all of your love and support!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday brunch on the back patio at Mignon. The Eggs Benedict and crapes were perfectly prepared as were the breakfast potatoes. Everything was delicious. We also enjoyed the Bellinis and Mimosas. The service was also impeccable. I'd read earlier reviews that sounded negative but our experience was quite the opposite. We will definitely be returning as it is now on our "favorites" list.

1  Thank miles2go_dallas
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I visited Mignon in March with a large group of business colleagues. We dined on their newly decorated outdoor patio, which was perfect as the weather was ideal. The food and service were quite good, and he owner was engaged throughout. A very nice restaurant.

Mignon P, Public Relations Manager at Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for stopping in! We hope to see you all back in soon, and please let us know if there's anything you feel would help us improve!

Been to Mignon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK