“Excellent food and service in a beautiful setting”
Review of Mignon

Mignon
Reserve with OpenTable
Mignon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 1,082 Restaurants in Plano
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 50
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lorimar
Description: Mignon believes the finer things in life are fresh food, good conversation, and an exceptional drink. Come join us. We have a warm romantic atmosphere that takes you back to a time when you are sitting in Paris in your regular private Bistro. At Mignon you can expect to receive the very best in service and menu selections. We only serve the freshest in seafood and hand cut prime steaks.
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday brunch on the back patio at Mignon. The Eggs Benedict and crapes were perfectly prepared as were the breakfast potatoes. Everything was delicious. We also enjoyed the Bellinis and Mimosas. The service was also impeccable. I'd read earlier reviews that sounded negative but our experience was quite the opposite. We will definitely be returning as it is now on our "favorites" list.

1  Thank miles2go_dallas

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I visited Mignon in March with a large group of business colleagues. We dined on their newly decorated outdoor patio, which was perfect as the weather was ideal. The food and service were quite good, and he owner was engaged throughout. A very nice restaurant.

Mignon P, Public Relations Manager at Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for stopping in! We hope to see you all back in soon, and please let us know if there's anything you feel would help us improve!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Visited for the first time in about 10 years or so. Was very impressed with the cleanliness and decor. The new patio is great. The server said he was fairly new to serving, but was very nice and attentive. Really nice bar and cute booth seats throughout.

The food was excellent across the board. The steaks were very good and perfectly cooked, the sauces delicious. We also really enjoyed the brussels sprouts.

The price is very high so be prepared for a large bill, particularly if you drink wine. The wine list is as expensive as it is expansive. My wife wondered where the cellar was located since there is no way they could store that much wine on the premises. They don't post prices, even roughly, on the internet which is kind of uncool, but you can trust this reviewer to say that it is very expensive.

All in all a great experience, just can't afford to do it all the time.

1  Thank DallasLonghorn
Mignon P, Public Relations Manager at Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you so much for visiting Mignon! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We hope you found the experience was well worth it! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your time at Mignon!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I've moved about 25 miles from this restaurant and had not been here in years until my daughter suggested it to celebrate her birthday on Friday night. Free valet parking. Comfortable upscale interior. I had the escargot and steak au poivre as did my wife and daughter. Two people had the lamb chops which were very good. Good service. I would go back here again for a special occasion. Note that this place is not inexpensive and everyhing is ala carte. However the food is very good and they have a very extensive wine list.

1  Thank PSaxyfromCorinth
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This is not a review for the food, it is for the customer service from the restaurant and the valet service they contract from, Preferred Parking. I'll bet the food is delicious..... I went to Taverna Rosa next door on Saturday. The parking lot was zoo - so glad these businesses are doing well! I was in line to valet in front of Taverna and the attendant directed me to go to other end and valet, which I did. I pulled into the valet line, got a ticket and went on my way to meet friends. There was no indication from the valet a time frame or anything else. I came out to get my car and the valet was gone. I went back in and Taverna management told me that they contract with different companies. He tried to call the Mignon manager and the valet company. No luck. No keys. No car. I had to get a ride home, get my spare key (luckily had one) and go back and get my car. I still havent heard back from Preferred Parking. I did, however, speak to 2 different people from Mignon, there was no customer service or politeness from either person. The 2nd one was able to locate my keys. I went and picked them up, not a word, no "sorry" "that must have been a bummer". Nada. I will not be finding out how delicious their food is.

1  Thank slm975

We're so sorry to hear about this experience. Please do keep in mind that the valet service for Mignon is for Mignon customers only. Taverna Rossa does offer their own valet service, as they stay open much later than Mignon, which is why we were unable to locate your keys immediately (Valet had left).

Been to Mignon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK