“Disappointed!”

Taverna Legacy West
Ranked #777 of 1,009 Restaurants in Plano
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Took a client for dinner there a few weeks ago expecting a great experience w/great food and atmosphere, but we were very disappointed with the food. No where as good as the restaurant in Dallas on Knox.

1  Thank Joanne S

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This location is basically new and still taking important steps to create a 4 plus star restaurant.

The eggs were cooked to perfection and the service was nice.

It was full of customers on a Sunday afternoon enjoying the pretty patio that is covered yet open.

Love it!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Went Friday evening with family. Service really slow. Brought my caesar salad, was sort of different but not in a good way. Was finished and still hadn't brought salad two ladies had ordered. Meals arrived hit and miss so didn't really all eat together at the same time. Couldn't find waitress to get check when finished. Too many options in Legacy West for this type service to succeed. Food was only mediocre so that wasn't a redeeming feature. May give one more try in a few weeks before totally writing it off.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

...this new location still a work-in-progress? Service was pretty good for our early lunch visit, but it wasn't that busy. Some staff still in training? Server was friendly. Ask a question about any item on the menu, and I bet they say it's "their favorite." ;)

Food was decent, but nothing I would really return for. Lots of competition in the LW area to explore first.

On a side note, the overall Legacy West development is very well done. The food hall down the street is worth exploring.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I was out on a Saturday night stroll with my boyfriend in Legacy West and wanted to eat Italian food for dinner at Taverna. As soon as I approached the hostess (dark-haired, slender build), she asked, "Can I help you?" as if I were lost. I told her I would like seating for two. She asked if I had reservations, and I told her, "No." She said the restaurant was busy and we could eat at the bar. She didn't offer to put us on a "wait list" or tell us how long the wait would be.

Perhaps I was dressed too casually for her, or wasn't the right complexion, but she wasn't polite at all. I have visited the Taverna location in Ft Worth a couple of times, and was never treated like I was sub-par. This really put a bad taste in my mouth, and based on the reviews that I have read about this location, an intervention is much-needed. New hostess, waitstaff, and quality food.

1  Thank Precious89