“Not bad”

Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Henderson, Nevada
“Not bad”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here because the location seemed pretty good for my business trip. The exterior of the place wasn't all that inviting, but for the most part it was clean and no issues. This is the friendliest bunch of people I have ever encountered in my travels and that made the experience quite pleasant. Rooms were fine, clean, again, no complaints. Got my wake up call on time - a real test in my book. Breakfast was decent, beds and pillows were pretty comfy and bathroom was clean. For the money, not bad and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank chelly12364
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 December 2010

For a very reasonable rate, this was a perfectly fine room. No bells or whistles outside of the breakfast bar, but exactly what I would expect and want for this price. The front desk (Awad) was particularly helpful in ironing out a minor problem.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank joeingoal
Worldwide
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Just in case I selected the wrong La Quinta from TripAdvisor's menu, this review refers to the La Quinta at 1820 North Central Expressway in Plano, Texas.

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, with my wife, mother, and two cats. We chose this one due to La Quinta's pet-friendly policy, and the proximity of this particular La Quinta to my uncle's house, which was the purpose of our visit to Plano. On a previous cross-country trip, my wife and I (and our cats) stayed in La Quintas all the way from California to Mississippi, so I have a fair basis for comparison.

The hotel is a fair value, but there are some drawbacks to be aware of. We had a handicap-accessible room, so it was on the first floor. However, the only ice machine was on the second floor. The room had no refrigerator or microwave. The front desk offered to have a refrigerator brought to our room...for an extra $10 per night. Our heating unit kept making an annoying clicking sound, as if the thermostat was faulty. The maintenance man was off for the night when we arrived, so he didn't come until the next morning, and he spoke mostly Spanish--very little English. The tile around the bathtub spigot was cracked, the tub's water pressure was low, and the shower wand was missing the height-adjustable hook, so it couldn't be mounted high enough for a 6-foot tall person. Our room was near the back entrance to the lobby, and the lobby door slammed very loudly every time someone used it, which seemed to go on all night. We told the maintenance man and the front desk about this, but it was still not fixed the next night.

Overall, I would recommend you find another hotel, unless this one just happens to be extremely convenient to you based on its location, as was the case for us.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
OKC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I got an amzing $29 a night rate & stayed 4 nights. When I needed to extended it another night they gave me a higher, but still good rate.
Breakfast was good & the rooms were big enough to set up a pack & play too. Having a fridge is an option but I went with the cheaper room instead.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 12 September 2009

this is the best staff i have ever seen after staying in hotels for the past 30 days, great price for this place could use some updateding but then it would be more expensive. location is great for plano access. 3 stars for dated decor and cleanlyness

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple