“Not Impressed”

Smoke House Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Perryton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I each ordered a steak sandwich with French fries. When in cattle country one would expect a quality piece of steak. Mine was not bad (not exception either)but my wife's was mostly gristle which she didn't eat but nevertheless she had an upeset stomach during the night and the next day. The restaurant atmosphere was mediocre and the waitress was having a hard time understanding English but she did try her best.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Typical Perryton fair had the brisket tonight was pretty good salad bar was good also coleslaw was good spaghetti look kind of stale

Reviewed 20 December 2017

While in Perryton during an extended stay, our "Out of Town" group chose the "Smoke House" Restaurant for an evening meal and was very pleased to find such a wonderful menu of "Comfort Food" with very attentive & courteous service!
We came back multiple times for our evening meals and look forward to a return trip next year...

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have been to The SmokeHouse twice, the second time tonight.

I can't figure out why we went a second time.

First, the waitstaff - no speaka da Engles. You are forced to using hand gestures and hoping they got your order right
Second - Professionalism. Nada. Typical small town Texas night out (when you aren't in the mood for it). Loud personnel ("Hey there, Lyle!!"), yucky atmosphere, again, can't communicate with waitstaff...
Third - I asked for a medium rare steak. Waitress doesn't understand me and I get a cow that's still mooing. But, I prefer a bit a blood than overcooked (but a COLD middle? gives me the shivers).

If you are seeking a very mediocre night out, the Smoke House is THE place for you!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Normally I don't like Mexican food buffets because the food is not as warm nor tastes as good as what you get by ordering from the menu. This is not the case at the Smoke House. I tried the beef enchilada, beef fajita, crispy taco, Spanish rice, and for dessert, sopapillas. My husband tried all of these, plus refried beans & a chile relleno which I had a taste of. Everything was much better than we anticipated, and since we are very picky about our Tex Mex, particularly salsa, that is saying something. Next time we are in Perryton on a Friday night, we will be going back to the Smoke House.