“Absolutely Filthy!!! Don't be fooled by "newly renovated" sign!”
Review of Travelodge Ozona

Travelodge Ozona
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ozona
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We stayed at this motel on the last night of a 2 week trip and it was hands down the most disgusting. We were not expecting much, but clean is a basic requirement. The first room was filthy and there was a huge tarantula by the mirror so they moved us to another room. I was hoping it would be better, but it was worse. The bathroom had bloody boogers smeared on the door, by the toilet, and in the shower. My husband informed them of a mess in the bathroom and was handed an ammonia based cleaner. We were disgusted that we had to clean it, but also worried for the health of our small children since this product does not kill Hepatitis or HIV. The motel says that it is "newly renovated" but when I asked the lady what exactly had been done, she said some of the bathrooms had been "fixed up". The breakfast was ok, but seeing the condition of the rooms I was worried about how the food was being stored and handled. Bottom line---the owners are lazy and do not care about the state of the rooms. There is a no refund policy and unfortunately you see the room after you pay. The health department really needs to drop in on this little gem. Good thing I got pictures.

1  Thank kittyfromtx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 April 2010

We stayed there for one night this past weekend. Granted, we weren't expecting much. Just a room to sleep in for 1 night during our travels. But even the hubby was impressed at how clean this hotel was. It was apparently remodeled recently and the decor is very inviting. The bed was very comfortable. (Pillows could use an upgrade) And the bathrooms were spotless. Even behind the tables and under the couch cushions was very clean. The gentleman who helped us at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I booked the reservation over the phone [--] and was quoted (using an online discount code and AAA) a room rate of $76.50 for a non-smoking, 2-queen-bed room. And I was told I would also receive a roll away bed, possibly for a small fee (which was fine). In addition, they charged a $5 booking fee deemed (at the time) worth paying based on the rate quoted, when compared to the $85 rate offered by the hotel staff when called directly. When I called the hotel directly, the lady was INCREDIBLY rude. I think this was partially due to a diffence in language fluency. She was easily frustrated that I could not understand her, and proceeded to yell ... as if THAT would help me understand her. I tried to tell her three things: that my party would be arriving for a very late check in, that I needed a first floor room for my disabled mother, and that I wanted to confirm the roll away bed. She told me that she only had upstairs units left. I asked three different times, in three different ways "how many steps?"... thinking maybe we could manage if not too many steps would be involved. She finally said "two or three." ???? When we arrived (at 4am), lady on staff (same voice as over the phone) charged $94 to my card without giving me an itemized receipt - she just gave me a piece of paper showing a flat $94 charge. When asked the price breakdown, she told me it was the $85 plus tax/fees. I informed her how I had booked the room and the rate I had been quoted, and she flat out refused to honor the rate. Again, she was quite rude. I tried to call the 800 number while standing there at the window to try to resolve the discrepany. When I finally did get ahold of someone (tried twice), they immediately transferred me to a useless extention after I explained the issue I was having!! I decided to call it a night and fight it later, expecting that I would most likely not be able to get any time of reimbursement once I signed the receipt. But at 4am, when you are only going to get a few hours sleep anyway, you have to pick your battles. Then we got to the room... yep, you guessed it... NO ROLL AWAY BED! I went BACK to the counter, and she said she only had two and they had already been checked out. I had to pay for a second (smoking!!!) room to sleep my full group!! Simply unacceptable!!!!! To top things all off, we saw two cockroaches AND a RAT! I will NEVER stay here again, and will report my experience on every website review writing opportunity I can find - and am seriously considering reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank rmfreas
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Stopping over on a long drive, Ozona is worth a look. The Travelodge is tucked away in the NE corner of the small town, and it is across the road from the local park & fairgrounds. If you have a small dog and a toddler like we do, it was a nice touch. It is also at the end of the main street next to some of the most beautiful homes and trees I've seen west of San Antonio.

The Travelodge sign touts "renovated rooms". Some were still under renovation, but ours was finished. About what you'd expect... very basic, but new... everything except for the bathroom tile floor which was as bad as I've ever encountered. Besides that, the room felt clean for a roadside motel.

Don't expect much from the small breakfast options. I had to ask the owner to grab milk from the back for my wife's coffee. She pointed to the package of powdered creamer, and I replied "And what about for my cereal?" She came back with a gallon of milk. The four times I encountered the owners via phone or in the lobby, they did not show off their "people skills". The price for the room would be easier to swallow if they worked on that element. But our stay was quiet, the bed was clean and comfortable, and the A/C worked great. Can't ask for much more. Although, I don't know if they plan on refilling the swimming pool or not.

If you stay in Ozona, be sure to stop by the old town square in the center of town (1/2 mile West of the motel). It's full of beautiful pecan trees and a gorgeous courthouse from the turn of last century. Also stop by the Hitchin' Post Steak House on the West end of the main street. The chicken fried steak was Texas worthy, and the service was down-home perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2009

My family and I were driving from Utah to Houston, TX and by the time we got to Fort Stockton, TX we could not go any further. So we drove around Ozona, Tx calling every motels and decided to stop at the Travel Lodge. The room was great and the people were so nice. They also have this great food delivery place called Java Rocks. The food was great and fast. I would recomind this to everyone that needs a place to stay Ozona, TX.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bncable