“Best Hot Sauce ”

La Bodega
Ranked #18 of 242 Restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We have been coming here since 1991. My husband and I just celebrated our 24th Anniversary here. Great food, friendly staff. Hot Sauce is the best in town. Nacho supreme, Mario, hamburger, pork chops and tacos are the best. Definitely recommend!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Beef fajitas for two were great! Generously portioned. The flour and corn tortillas fresh and hot. The guacamole superb and a beautiful bright green!

Servers are very attentive! Our glasses never got less than half full.

The child's plate is generously portioned, as everything we have had is. Beans are homemade. The ambiance is classic Mexican patio style, soothing water fixtures in the patio, the restaurant was also cool and a nice break from the hot summer day. Chips are warm and fresh, salsa is chunky and medium heat, all the food very well seasoned. Ladies facilities were very very very clean.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

La Bodega is my favorite Mexican restaurant and has been since the day it opened in Odessa. We are regulars & almost every week. Chilo is our favorite server. We always ask for him because he never fails to provide excellent service. Everyone in my circle of friends, even those who don't live here, always make a stop at La Bodega when they are in town. When I lived in Dallas, my family knew that dinner at La Bodega was a requirement when I came to visit. I love the Nachos Supreme (nachos with everything), guacamole, queso (with ground beef added), and the famous Swirl (frozen sangria swirled with frozen margarita). The salsa is my favorite over any I've ever had anywhere. The new owner who was a long time employee has given it tender loving care & updated the interior after the founder's kids almost ran it into the ground. Everything on the menu has been restored to it's former glory.

1  Thank tartanmojo
Reviewed 7 December 2016

La Bodega, has gone back to being one of the best Mexican Food places in town. For a period of time It lost some of it's Old flavor's and taste. It is now under the ownership of a young lady that work for La Bodega as a waitress many years and learned the right way to prepare the traditional La Bodega menu.
My very favorite is the Chili Cheese Rellenos. They are topped with a red tomato sauce, sour cream, raisons, and pecans. Now don't cringe.. It really is good if you like those things and I do. It is served with a cup shell full of guacamole salad. The fresh's chips and salsa is served with each table. My second choice is the one they call a La Bodega Salad. Very light and come with a variety of items. My son in law loves the Hamburgers there. Says they are the best in town. My daughter and her kids love the Mario's Burrito covered in their cheese sauce. And we are so glad it is back to the way it should be.

2  Thank Betty M
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Their salsa and Mario are always amazing! I also love their margaritas......rocks is best. Service is slow.

Been to La Bodega? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK