THE STORY: I booked a room at this hotel in advance on choicehotels.com. I tried to call and book directly but they said it had to be done online at choicehotels.com. The price online was 139.99 for two queen beds and with tax it was 158.00. I arrived at the hotel with one extra person. I informed the person at the front desk that there was three of us (bad idea way to go for being honest). He then quoted me 169.99 for the room, he said it was ten dollars for each extra person so I thought we were good.
THE CLIMAX: When we checked out the price was 203.00 total. The hotel has state tax and county tax that adds up to about 30.00. I then complained to mutiple people at the front desk and there was no resolution. They were not willing to honor the online price.
THE MORAL: If you book in advance do not plan to pay that amount when you arrive the price varies per weekend and the tax is 13% so bring extra money! I would suggest to call the hilton before you book here it is the same price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels is a new construction hotel that opened for 2008 and offers the amenities you are looking for. It is a 100% smoke free hotel and offers a free breakfast, outdoor pool with heated spa, free high speed internet, fitness center, and guest laundry. The rooms all have microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel is conveniently located near several food outlets and all of the New Braunfels water attractions including Schlitterbahn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge New Braunfels
- New Braunfels Econo Lodge