“Yummy brunch ”

The Reel Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reel Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 305 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 34
Description: The Reel Seafood & Grill and The Reel Seafood House pride themselves on preparing food from scratch on a daily basis in order to deliver you a quality meal. We receive daily deliveries and hand craft every item that hits your table. The Reel also has a variety of non-seafood options making it easy for everyone to enjoy. The Caddell family has been in the restaurant industry for 25+ years and were very excited to bring you a high-quality seafood restaurant in New Braunfels and Bulverde. We are proud to work with our friends and family which allows us to bring you a more personal experience with every visit. Now let's get reeled in! Join us for Sunday Brunch, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We love coming here with or without the kids. Fish tacos are amazing and so are the hand breaded chicken tenders. Love it here!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Called to reserve and confirm table for large group for special occassion. Called later and spoke with manager that confirmed reservation. When we arrived, the hostess was rude and told us that the table was reserved for other guest and she did not book us, indicating we were lying. Wanted to put our group in the bar in very tight area. However, after being lied to and spoken to so rudely, we didnt feel like this would be a good choice to stay. So we left and will never eat at the reel again. Really very poor customer service.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I got po'boys for early dinner recently. His was mostly bun, not much fish. In mine, the grilled shrimp were cold & tough. I discarded the top bun and the ratio of bread to filling was better. Instead of fries I had mixed vegetables, which came in an inedibly salty sauce. When I requested replacement, those too came in the salty sauce. And dinner was $30 without drinks.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I dined here while on a weekend trip to the area. We were looking for a place with good seafood and boy did we find it.

We are oyster lovers and the gulf oysters were large and delicious. The wife had the Veggie Pasta and it was full of crisp vegetables and a delicious pasta tossed in Olive oil, more that she could eat. I had the Crawfish Platter with fried crawfish, etouffee and dirty rice. Excellent, but if you don't like spicy this might be a little hot for the average taste.

Our waiter, Clay, was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.

We had an Open Table reservation and we were greeted warmly, and seated immediately.

When in the area we will be back.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

My husband and I decided to try The Reel at the spur of the moment Sunday after church. A lot of other people had the same idea. We waited about 20 minutes for a table. We ordered the seafood fondue appetizer, which was delicious but very rich. My husband ordered chicken fried steak, which came with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The steak was thin, the vegetables cooled before he could finish them, and the potatoes were nothing special. I ordered the chicken fried chicken (which we just call fried chicken in the South). I subbed the vegetables with au gratin potatoes. The chicken was great. It was a thick piece of white meat with a nice crispy coating. I found the gravy too heavy and scrapped most of it to the side. The au gratin potatoes were good but the cheese was overkill. They would have been fine with just butter and herbs. The atmosphere was good (so many restaurants in Texas, even more upscale ones, feature a "decorated barn" décor, with exposed ducts, concrete floors, and picnic tables). Jessica, our server, was very attentive and polite. There are several other menu items I would like to try, so we will go back. Oh, and mimosas were $3 :)