“Great shrimp and garlic mashed potatoes.”
Review of Clear Springs Cafe

Clear Springs Cafe
Ranked #7 of 306 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This was the very first Clear Springs location. It's actually located in Clear Springs, Texas between Seguin and New Braunfels. The building dates back to 1869 when it was mainly used as a grocery store for the locals. If you are ever in the area, it's worth the trip to check out the history that's behind this popular location. You better come early, standing room only is a common sight here.
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Went on a Friday night around 6:30. Plenty of parking. Outside waiting area with misting fans, live music and a bar to get something to drink while you wait. We only waited about 10 minutes for a table. Cool antiques around the building and hanging from the ceiling. The server was very friendly and checked on us several times. I got the catfish and shrimp meal. The catfish was okay but the shrimp was great as were the garlic mashed potatoes. Next time I'll try something else.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

There was plenty of parking space. We went on Wednesday and it was busy. Told it could be a 35 minute wait, we were seated in 10 minutes! I had to try the world famous onion rings.. They were the best I've ever had! The picture posted is after I ate several. I do not know how they can stack onion rings that high! I ordered the catfish plate and let me tell you, you will not be disappointed! More food than you can eat.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

And yes, the Little Buddy entree with shrimp, catfish, beans, coleslaw is a huge bargain at $13 bucks. It is delicious and as fresh tasting as you could get in the land-locked Hill Country region. It is always crowded so plan ahead even though the place is huge. This isn't a fancy restaurant but more of a diner with massive Texas flair.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

If you want down home Southern good cooking, this is an excellent choice. The prices are good the food is delicious and you get a lot of it. The onion rings are exceptional. I've been here a few times and have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered. The burgers are delicious and juicy. Since the venue is really big, you never have to wait long even when it's busy. I will come back time and time again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Anytime we are in the area this place is always on our list to stop and eat at. Love the food and the atmosphere.