“Outstanding Food!”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This was the very first Clear Springs location. It's actually located in Clear Springs, Texas between Seguin and New Braunfels. The building dates back to 1869 when it was mainly used as a grocery store for the locals. If you are ever in the area, it's worth the trip to check out the history that's behind this popular location. You better come early, standing room only is a common sight here.
Reviewed 15 July 2018

There was plenty of parking space. We went on Wednesday and it was busy. Told it could be a 35 minute wait, we were seated in 10 minutes! I had to try the world famous onion rings.. They were the best I've ever had! The picture posted is after I ate several. I do not know how they can stack onion rings that high! I ordered the catfish plate and let me tell you, you will not be disappointed! More food than you can eat.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

And yes, the Little Buddy entree with shrimp, catfish, beans, coleslaw is a huge bargain at $13 bucks. It is delicious and as fresh tasting as you could get in the land-locked Hill Country region. It is always crowded so plan ahead even though the place is huge. This isn't a fancy restaurant but more of a diner with massive Texas flair.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

If you want down home Southern good cooking, this is an excellent choice. The prices are good the food is delicious and you get a lot of it. The onion rings are exceptional. I've been here a few times and have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered. The burgers are delicious and juicy. Since the venue is really big, you never have to wait long even when it's busy. I will come back time and time again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Anytime we are in the area this place is always on our list to stop and eat at. Love the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Atmosphere was amazing, parking was abundant, seating was adequate, service and food were terrible! My son, his girlfriend and I had been wanting to visit this restaurant since last summer so it was our first stop for dining. The server brought our drinks and appetizer (onion rings) and the rings were huge and delicious. The meal, on the other hand, was terribly overpriced and cold. One ordered steak, medium, and it came mooing. She sent the meat back, it came back still mooing. My son's and my fries were limp and beans were cold and stuck to our plates. The cole slaw was milky and the broccoli was flavorless. We had to wait longer for the coconut shrimp to be cooked, even though the other items were ready.The only thing good were the onion rings and fried shrimp (not the coconut, which were overcooked). Two of the meals were $16.00 yet the only thing edible was the shrimp. I told the waitress and she said sorry. I then called the manager on the phone and she was livid, asking why I hadn't simply told the waitress, to which I responded I had. The meal tab was reduced, as it should have been, but not in relation to the amount of food that was edible. Will never return unless I only want onion rings and shrimp.