“First and Last time we visit this place”

Willie's Grill & Icehouse
Ranked #32 of 301 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The food was sub-par. I ordered the Willie burger and fries, my wife ordered the baked potato with brisket. The fries were cold and my wife's brisket had huge pieces of fat. I know my brisket and understand about the fat content, but at least serve more of the lean side of the brisket. Never will I go there again or suggest it to anyone.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Casual restaurant - were very busy the night we visited but had no problem getting seated quickly. Huge portions. Decent food.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

First time there and was amazed at the selection of food. Service was exceptional. The whole place is like a museum from the swamps of America. The crawfish is amazing.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped here while traveling through and found the place very enjoyable. Hamburgers were huge and very good. Service friendly and efficient. Only negative our fries were cold.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Having enjoyed many weekend lunches at this establishment, I am so disappointed to report we are done. The past 4 Sundays, we walk up to order and the hand washing sink is piled with last nights drink glasses with distressed lemons and limes and assorted rubbish. That sink is only to be used for hand washing, just like the very obvious sign states. The second time there were dirty plates and silverware with leftover scraps all piled on top over more dirty plates, no space to wash hands. The manager was informed 3 times about this violation. Last Sunday was the last straw. The sink was filled with a huge can of frozen cauliflower, with water running continuously with an attempt to defrost tit. The managers either do not care or turn over so fast that the staff is never informed. If there is not a place to wash hands during a shift, well then all of those folks handling food and drinks are putting diners at risk. Very sad, because the chicken fried steak is excellent, as are the fresh salads. Even if one is enjoying a meal at a greasy spoon, one would expect to be served with washed hands. This is unacceptable. If this is going on in plain sight, I have to wonder what goes on in the back, out of sight. What a waste of a place that has so much potential,

1  Thank Diane K