Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Stroll by the River

Even though the water was higher than usual, we enjoyed a walk by the river and had the opportunity... read more

Reviewed yesterday
bec3652
Humble, Texas
Family Reunion

We did a walking tour of the town. It has so much history and my family is deeply rooted in it... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BigRedCajun
New Orleans, Louisiana

All reviews german town hardware store oldest bakery german influence the river historic downtown train museum landa park austin and san antonio great shopping great place to visit small town hill country walk around wine tasting cute shops day trip
Reviewed 5 April 2018

NIce town with plenty to offer. There is lots of shopping and tourist things to do. I have enjoyed spending time in and around this area while I am in state.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This hidden gem of town is wonderfully historic, and especially beautiful with the festive lights. The locals are warm, happy, friendly and welcoming. We can not wait to return.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

GREAT little town with lots of old, well kept buildings and historic markers telling about their respective history. Time well spent!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We finally did it. We came to float down the river. It was our spring break. It was cloudy with a high of 70. Without putting down the over priced tube rental shanty we stopped at, we walked down a busy highway to the starting point. The bottoms of the floats were attached by twine to hold a flexible piece of plastic. Upon setting it in the river, water filled the float. As I sat down a sensation of numbness overcame my now frozen butt. It was what I imagined swimming in a cup of ice water would feel like. The first part of the river was very slow. But soon, it sped up and we began hitting Ang getting stuck on rocks. At one point there us a fork in the river. You can go right or left. Go left! I went right and ended up carry,g my float over the rocks. Not long after that, you will pass an area with picnic tables. After this you will fit rock after rock. If you are looking for a relaxing float down the river, this is not it! Not worth the $20 a person that we paid.

1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We drove up here from San Antonio because of it's history as a German settlement. This town feels comfortable, is kind of a Goldilocks town, being just large enough to be a real town, yet small enough to feel like home. The streeets are lined with interesting shops, there are some great little restaurants, and the crown jewel is Nagelin's Bakery, the oldest one in Texas. This little town will make ya happy all over as you drive out and see all the youngsters congregating around the Comal River having tubed the river and walking home. A real Texas treat.