“Should Of Been Better”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Victoria, Texas
“Should Of Been Better”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here in October 2011 with a friend. Room was clean but had a musty smell. Left the door open about an hour and that helped. Everything worked in the room which is a first for hotels. Our biggest complaint were the stained towels in the bathroom. We believe they were clean, but terribly stained. I would not recommend it to friends, but if there isn't another choice I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank philip77901
, Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry to hear of the bad linens in your room. I assure you, we do not make it a practice of giving our guests bad linens. I would love to have an opportunity to make this up to you. If you are traveling in our area again, please ask for me. I will personally make sure I have taken care our your room to make sure it meets up to my standards. I take pride in taking care of my guests everyday. Thank you for writing this review. It is because of guests like you, that help us make improvements where they are needed.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed here on a recent trip. From the start it was a pleasant stay. The desk clerks were very nice on check-in and on check-out. The room was just as advertised (like the pictures on the website). It was a very good value, which was what I was looking for.

The mattresses are firm (not worn out - Amen) and the room was very clean. The AC/heater was quiet. The area around the hotel is nice. The only downside is leaving and getting out onto the nearby highway. There is a lot of traffic since it is near an interstate and very busy area (it was a Friday/Saturday). There are stop lights but they are slow. This is a very minor complaint (if a complaint at all). There is a way around the traffic if you head West out from the hotel and then North to the access road next to the interstate. Much easier to get out.

The morning breakfast is simple (milk, cereal, toasted items, fresh fruit). If you were expecting something more, I'm not sure why. Most hotels offer similar fair in the area.

I will be staying at this hotel again since it is a very good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rinate
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your review. We take pride in accommodating our guests, and trying to take care of every need they may have. This is why we are still rated a "Pride of Super 8" which is an elite group of higher standard hotels nationwide. Our breakfast has actually changed now. It includes fresh Texas shaped waffles, a coffee and toast bar as well as several new items. We are always looking to improve our accomodations, so valuable feedback is taken well. Thank you again, and I hope to see you on your next visit.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed here once before. I thought I would give the place another try and see if I was wrong, and yes, they have an extremely meager breakfast, but, better get there before 7:30 am though or its gone. They also do not tell you about breakfast at check-in, nor do they tell you that you have to ask for a suite in order to have a fridge and microwave.
Once again, had 1 hand towel, one wash cloth, one way to small bath towel. Scratchie and very poor quality. This time there was 1 bar of soap and 1 shampoo, thank goodness it was just me. Used my own, thanks. The bed? Where should I start? Ichy scratchy sheets. And pillow cases or just way to thin bed linens? GET SOME DECENT TOWELS, SUPPLY MORE THAN ONE PER ROOM. CHANGE THE SHEETS AND PILLOW CASES TO BETTER QUALITY AND WASH THEM. GET SOME DECENT SHAMPOO AND SOAP AND QUIT BEING SO STINGY. YOUR BREAKFAST IS MEAGER AT BEST.
I really tried to give this place another go. UPGRADE IN SOME AREAS, i.e. towels, bedding and bathroom supplies. Stop being so skinflint tight. This place would be a goldmine if you wanted it to be! Also have service staff that actually cares about the customer at check-in might be a big bonus.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review of our location. You are entitled to your opnion. However, according to our overall guest satisfaction scores, we are rated higher than 90% satisfaction in almost every category out there, including our linens. Our breakfast is new and improved, and has been served for the past 16 years until at least 9:30 everyday. I appreciate you giving us a second chance, and I apologize for not meeting your high standards. Maybe next time you should try a higher end hotel if that is what you are needing.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Pros: Location was pretty decent for floating and the water park and reasonably cheap. The pool was clean as was the hot tub. Parking was off street and ok. Room was spacious.

Cons: Pool and hot tub were constantly full of drunk, shady characters. Parking lot was full and was hard to find a spot to park. No breakfast bufett as stated when booking. Room had no fridge or microwave (these were requested, twice) and walls were to thin. Beds and bedding were AWFUL. Only had 1 towel, hand towel, washcloth for 3 people.. no shampoo or soap. Rooms smelled of mold and were very dirty. Carpets filthy. Bathroom was very filthy and water pressure was bad and NO HOT WATER! Needs to be spic and span even if the price is cheap! Would NOT stay here. Stay down the street.

• Stayed July 2011
Hospitality8, Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for your response, however I seriously believe you have us mistaken for some other hotel. Our pool and whirlpool is for our guests use only, and is kept up very well. We have a parking lot enough for 10 semi trucks, so I find it hard for you not to find parking. Our breakfast buffet has been here since the day we opened 15 years ago, maybe you did not see it next to our lobby when you checked in. We do have rooms with microwaves and refrigerators, however they are in our mini- suites. Apparently you chose our standard room without such amenities. Our beds are certified brand new Serta's, straight from the manufacturer. Towels, shampoo and soaps are a standard item in all of our rooms, always have been. Believe it or not, our carpets are brand new. Our last inspection from our Quality Assurance depratment two weeks ago had us as one of the cleanest hotels in New Braunfels. I would expect that considering our rooms are checked three times for cleanliness before a guest even walks into one. Again, I seriously believe you have us confused with a lower standard of hotel which you may be accustomed to. I appreciate the review, but maybe next time you can get the hotel correct, as bad reviews affect us negatively. Thank you
Grapevine,
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Besides a clean shower and good location off of I-35, the sheets and pillows smelt like sweat! The maids didn't even re make our beds but did take trash and new towels. The pool was nice place to relax. The only bad thing was the uncleaned sheets and pillows. I won't stay here again

• Stayed July 2010
Hospitality8, Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Terribly sorry that your stay with us was not ideal. We strive to do everything we can to make your stay as perfect as possible. Our last inspection grade of an "A" rated hotel proves that. The only possible reason I can think of that housekeeping did not clean your room is you might have had a do not disturb sign on your door. Either way, I apologize. If you would give us a second chance, I will prove to you that we are serious when it comes to our guests comfort. I will even take 25% off of your bill*. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.