Review Highlights
River Trash at its finest

After reading the reviews I'm surprised people still visit this place. I was being gracious to give... read more

Reviewed 15 May 2016
6breckels
Austin, Texas
via mobile
They cheated is and then kicked us out

As guests if the camp, we used their tubing service the first day. They charged us 20 per tube, and... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2015
Yvonne M
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

As guests if the camp, we used their tubing service the first day.
They charged us 20 per tube, and 18 per cooler tube.
They said we could do the 3 hours float. They shuttled us 4 min down the road. Dropped us and said, we would see them in 1.5 hours. Why? Newscaster their 3 hour float is you do the 90 minutes twice. ....? !!?!? We decided to make the best of it and just go with it. When we got back they told us we could not go back for the second half, because we had been walking through the water instead of floating. They said we delayed the float time, so they refused to take us back for the second half of the ride we payed for. They also refused to provide a refund. And when one of our girls argued with him, he kicked her out of camp.
Second day we tubed with Koozies across the street. They were easy nice, very professional and we got everything we payed for!! And their prices were half of what Billy Goat's were! !!!!

1  Thank Yvonne M
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff - Tube Rental, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Our three hour float is a float not a PULL as what your men did as witnessed by all of our employees. The river changes sometimes on a daily basis and we strive to give our guests the best possible float. We will not endanger our guest as we will not have inebriated guests floating the river at night.
Your friend did not get kicked out but should have, a mistake on my part as your group made a complete mess of our unit as well as killed our plants in the flower box, and let trash every where.
In regards to pricing in general outfitters are similar up and down the river, with some offering different services, such as being able to float back to camp and not waiting on shuttles and/or having tubes with neck rests and can holder. btw prices are not half!

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Worst experience ever! We were packing up to leave and the people who run the place came out cussing and screaming and pulled a shotgun on us. Then proceeded to fire thus shot gun. And threatened to stick it up my butt and shoot again... This was not the first time this has happened nor their first weapons offence!!! They slashed our personal tubes that we used to float at a different location that were on our trailer... They would not come out of the house when the police got there and they had a "police standoff" for over an hour before they would even open the door!! I have it all on video if anyone would like to see it!!

4  Thank thewiltfamily
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff - Tube Rental, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

First of all check out is at 11 am - not 11.36. The gates close at 11 am to clean up the campsites, garbage, and maintenance . I kindly asked you to leave but you would not!
Five of you came to my personal residence, ignored the sign, and started pounding on my door screaming obscenities, and you tried to break into my house. Nobody shot at you, and the threat is juvenile. Sorry there are no weapons offence here. We also told you over the phone not to bring a trailer or personal tubes, so what did you do, "bring a trailer, a golf cart, and personal tubes, that we never touched. There was no "police stand off" as I was alone by myself in a safe room, fearing for my life.
For over 12 years we have never seen such disrespect, rudeness, and so called entitlement.
Beware river road campsites and outfitters of thewiltfamily of Corpus Christi

Reviewed 2 September 2014

For the 2nd year, our group from San Antonio enjoyed a camping weekend with a great group of friends from Houston. Go Texans! The campsite is very well maintained and the owners, as always, were courteous and good people! The owners work very hard to keep things under control for the safety of their camping guests. Floating the river is so convenient, because the campsite provides a shuttle and you float back to the campsite. We will definitely return in 2015!
Best Regards to the Owners from the Coronado clan (9/2/14)

Thanks we try to our best. We miss you this year "2015", the river is running better than ever this year!!!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

A last minute decision to go tubing and camping brought us to Billy Goat's Gruff on the 4th of July weekend. A lot of other places I called were overpriced or the campsites were no where next to the river. Billy Goat's Gruff is a small and private property. It is very nicely shaded and clean. I found it to be quaint and cozy. There was always an employee taking out the trash and picking up here and there. The showers and bathrooms were kept clean at all times. The owners were pleasant and had a great sense of humor. They even joined us one evening for a game of Charades! (I still can't believe no one could guess "Camera Man" ! ). Not once did they ever bother us. To the contrary of negative reviews, our group from San Antonio had a Big Time Blast!! We even made new friends (who camped next to us) from Houston and Amarillo. Tubing was very convenient there. You don't have to drive anywhere. Tube rentals anywhere on the Guadalupe will cost you a pretty penny; so do Not be shocked. Billy Goat's Gruff provides a shuttle and they conveniently drop you off at a designated spot and then you enjoy floating back to the campsite. Our tubing experience was awesome. We definitely want to return to Billy Goat's Gruff and we will ! Best Regards to the Owners from the Coronado clan

3  Thank CameraManCoronado

Thanks Coranodo Group - we sure missed yall this 4th of July 2015

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I really wish I had checked these reviews before I had went. We go every year and had chosen this site because over the phone were simply told 15.00 each and a minimum of two nights. We pay in advance with a credit card get there and the nickel and dining began. The sites are oddly small. in a space for 4 tents they are squeezing literally as many as they can. You get on the river and have to be out of the water by 5. We paid 72 for 4 floats, which should have been 69 but they add a 1.00 for some kind of tab few to each float. No other campsite makes you get out this early. So you are stuck at your river front site watching other people in the water floating by. We came down there to float. It doesn't even get dark till 8:30pm so you are stuck. This place is a tip off. The employees are great except for older last that appears to run the place. She seems annoyed when asked anything. The first time I met her I thought she was highly medicated. She had know emotion at all when she talked. I've never spent so much money in a day for an outside activity that last till 5. The craziest part is you can float after 5. But it's not because they are closing. There bar is still open. It was seriously the craziest experience. I am looking toward to managements response. On the way home my husband was driving and I started reading everyones reviews and they all say the same thing. And then management says how drunk someone was. It what these people did to get what they got. I've never been somewhere they seen to want to make you miserable. They truck you into prepaying so when you want to leave can't. Or they can kick you out and re rent. R & R is a great site. They shuttle late. The employees are really friendly. I have a friend that writes for a highly read entertainment magazine in Austin. She has said she is going to write a piece about this company. All we can do is tell everyone we can do not go here! The best free advertisement a business can get is word of mouth. If this stops one person from choosing this site it's worth it.

11  Thank busyfootballmom

The $1 is for WORD tax that helps clean up the river.
What ever float you signed up for is what you paid for.
Our employees need to put up our tubes after 10 hours of work.

Oh and that's right you tried to STEAL our tubes and then were asked to leave, bye Felicia