My wife and kids (11, 10 & 2) spent a Sat/Sun at La Torretta. We had been here years ago when it was still Del Lago and in desperate need of renovation, but with the new name and features we decided to give it a try. We booked a Tower Lake View King room and requested a sleeper sofa for the kids. We booked a rate that included the $20 resort fee and a $75 resort credit, so we were in for around $280 before walking thru the door.
The entire check in process from pulling up the car to valet (no self park) until the time we were in our room with our luggage was 10 minutes. It couldn't have been any easier. It's also worth noting that we could tell as soon as we walked in the door that the place had been completely redone. The lobby area was very nice. When we got to our room on the 15th floor we were very impressed with the room. Everything looked new and it was nicely decorated. The bathroom was large with a separate shower and large tub. There was also plenty of storage in the room for clothes, bags, etc. There wasn't anything more we could have expected in the room.
The water park area is great for the kids. Except for the heated pool the water was very cold, but it did warm up a little as the day went on. The poolside service was very good and it is easy to run up the tab. The food and drinks seemed reasonably priced for the most part, but the menu selection was limited. We spent most of the day in the water area and time just flew by. The kids had a blast all day.
We ate dinner onsite at Prime which was in the building adjacent to the tower. You can tell most of the money went to renovating the tower. The building with the restaurant and meeting rooms had the old Del Lago feel to them. Anyway, Prime had a dinner buffet plus a full menu available. The buffet was average, but the kids ate pizza and it was very good. Dinner was expensive for 5 people, but not unexpected since it is a resort.
After dinner there was a movie for the kids out in the pool area with smores. The kids could watch while swimming or just sit on the deck. It was really nice and a great idea. The only thing they should have done is had wait staff available for food and/or drinks. I had to walk to the piano bar for drinks.
Overall our 24 hour stay was extremely enjoyable. It was expensive, but worth every penny. The staff around the pool area was very helpful and friendly and they are definitely making an effort ensure the kids have a good time. If the kids have a good time that makes a parents job that much easier. We will be back this summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is an escape destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort