“Simply Amazing!”

Fujiyama Sushi & More
Ranked #49 of 325 Restaurants in Midland
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was really surprised by the quality, the flavors, the freshness of the ingredients. The owner was really nice too.

I will never forget this place, ever. One of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever tried

Too bad that I didn't enjoyed my companion, my bad nothing to do with this excellent place.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We eat here or take-out at least once a week. This place has the best happy hour in town. From 4-6pm wine is $3 and a nice list of appetizers from $3 to $6.
The menu is massive. We try something new every time we dine here. The food is a "10"!!
My only suggestion to management is when the restaurant is not crowded, to give customers some space. The other day we got there early and were seated near the window in a booth. We were the only ones there. The next dining party that came in were seated directly behind us and we lost all privacy in dining and had to deal with kids jumping in the seats, using the booth cushion as a trampoline. I know it might be a little more convenient for the waitstaff to have customers bunched up, but part of the dining experience is lost when you have a kid looking over the seat back at you.
So, I'd ask when possible, to give some space between dining groups when the restaurant isn't full.
Outside of the seating suggestion I can only say you have got to try this place!!!!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We went here after stopping at another Japanese restaurant that my son had a gift card for. We had udon noodles, sesame balls and sushi roll. We didn't realize that Miso soup came with the meal so ended up taking leftovers with us.

The udon noodles were awesome. We have a Japanese restaurant in our area that was built for Toyota executives and Fujiyama's udon noodles were just as good. We have had sesame seed balls several places and none could compare to the ones we had here. The sushi rolls were excellent as they were whenwe were here previously.

The management has the typical gracious attitude that you find in most authentic Japanese restaurants.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The food was all really good. Service was great. Ambience lacked a little, but I would rather have good food than that lol and that's what we got. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The food is good, but different from most local Japanese restaurants. I've eaten here 4 different times and most of my experiences were good. The ones that were not so good were my own fault. I ordered things off the menu, unsure if I would enjoy them, and I did not, but they were new to me and a little out of my comfort zone. However, when I stay in my comfort zone, the food is consistently good.