New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn Midland

Quality Inn Midland
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Texas
“Probably the Best Choice in Midland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed here in late July and the review is easy: inexpensive and comfortable, but not much else. We had some very slight cleanliness issues (nothing major or gross) but the room was otherwise very comfortable and the service was great. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My family and I stayed in the Comfort Inn on our way through Midland on vacation. We wanted a comfortable motel with spacious rooms and internet. This we got, in addition to some of the best hot breakfast food I have seen in any motel in the USA. We were assigned a room for people with physical disabilities, so we definitely got the space that we needed, and the WiFi was good, although a little slower than we would have liked. This motel is just down the road from the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, and within walking distance of a few eating places (Cici's Pizza comes to mind). All in all we were happy with our experience, although it was not a cheap place to stay, at around $113 per night for a family of four.

Room Tip: If you book online, call the hotel ahead of time to get the room that you need
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OilRover
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews for this and other local hotels. It was a little high in my price range $110 plus taxes but everything cheaper got horrible reviews. To start with the check in process was slow not because of the lady checking in the road construction crew ahead of me but because the 2 other people on duty did not even bother to help speed up the process with me or the construction crew. I am guessing watching tv was more important. When I finally got to my room it was dirty and falling apart. The popcorn ceiling was coming off, there was trash in the corners of the room, mold in the bathroom, it looked like coffee or soda had been poured into the sink and left to dry, dead bugs on the bed spread and while looking for a plug for my cell phone I made the mistake of looking behind the dresser and seeing a ton of trash behind it. It looked like the dresser had never been moved since the day it was put in place. The next morning the previously mentioned construction crew left at 5am, the reason I know this is due to being woke up by various doors slamming and people yelling up and down the halls. When I got up later, I was looking forward to a hot shower to wash the night away only to find there was no hot water. Why did I stay here you ask? It was late when I checked in so I didn't want to drive all over town looking for another hotel and I had a reservation so I didn't think I would be able to get a refund. Overall I would NOT stay here ever again and I doubt I would even recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

The hotel is relatively new, very clean and great rooms. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff there is great and very helpful! I have been to this hotel at least 4 times now and would recommend it to anyone staying in that area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank tami1980
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2009

Best breakfast we've had in a hotel in long long time, the rooms were in great condition, and the best of all, the beds were amazing. Definitely coming back to this hotel on our way back home.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business