“The worst hotel ever”

Knights Inn Midland
Ranked #42 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Our stay at this hotel was the most horrible hotel experience we have ever had. The telephone did not work,. The laundry room was so dimly lit that we would have needed a flashlight to use it. Tthe bathroom had a dirty washcloth on the floor. The piece de resistance was the bed linens which had not been changed and appeared to be stained with...well you can guess.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else in Midland.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2012

from the day i arrived i got a friendly service at front desk.Rooms were good n neat.
i enjoyed my stay at travelodge will be coming back again.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is the worst motel that I have ever stayed in. When we got there, they didn't have the room that we had reserved. The place was very dirty including the bed linen and bath towels. We had to stay in a room for smokers that stank of cigarrette smoke. Truly a bad experience and I will not go there again.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I am a driller for Patterson-UTI, Midland, Tx. On Sunday, Sept 18, 2011, my assistant driller and I checked into the Travel Lodge, 2500 Commerce Dr., Midland, Tx, after our company booked rooms for us there for three nights. We were surprised to learn there were two rooms for us instead of us sharing one. I took room 211 and the AD took room 209. The next day, Monday, when we got back from our well control class our key cards didn't work. We went to the office and were told that our company requested us to be put in the same room. They redid our key cards to open 209. Then the clerk (a hispanic man) inform me they had removed my things from my room (211) and brought them to the office. I was handed by the clerk a clear bag with my houseshoes and my starch pressed jean ROLLED UP in it. I had left, that morning, my houseshoes and a tan colored Wrangler heavy starched shirt plus a new pair of heavy starched wrangler jeans on my OWN clothes hangers in the room. (I had carried my toiletries and dirty clothes out to the truck that morning.) I asked him, "Where is my shirt, and where are my hangers?". He said, "No shirt, no hangers, maybe left in the room." He then gave me a key card to unlock 211. I went back to the room to look, knowing my shirt wasn't there. The jeans and the shirt were hanging side by side on my hangers. No way the shirt was overlooked! I went back to office, told the clerk to find my shirt. My AD and I went on to our room (209). I am not even getting into all the other problems with the rooms, like the filth, faulty electrical, leaking refrigerator on carpet, safety lock on door broken, our room being rerented in the middle of the night and someone walking in on us while we were sleeping, plus the brain dead night clerk calling us afterward and asking what we were doing in that room. I told the clerk, "We've been here for three nights and where is my SHIRT!!!" The clerk hung up. Needless to say, I asked for my shirt every day, am and pm, with the motel help telling me there was no shirt in my room. I should of called the police immediately, I just kept thinking that whoever took it would get scared and bring it back. No such luck. We checked out on Wednesday am, Sept. 21, 2011. Also, our key cards Never worked more than one time and we had to keep going back to the office to get them redone. WTH is up with that?? All of this can be varified by my assistant driller. I would NEVER recommend this motel to ANYONE. Someone there is a thief!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This place is like a bad joke. You look at the teddy bear lamp shade and think they might be catering to children, but the exposed wires tell a different story. The carpet makes you want to sleep with socks on so you don't touch the noticeably sticky flooring. The door didn't close without a good kick, and the safety chain/bar didn't work. The coffee maker had no pot. The bathroom had no new soap but only a used bar of soap with a hair on it. The towels were so old some of them were no longer white but instead a dirty gray color. The bed was so old that when laying in it I felt like I was in a hammock. I booked through my corporate website for two nights, the desk staff said that I couldn't check out after one night "because I had checked using an online source". Needless to say I told them they needed to fix it and I am sure my company would be alright with me not staying anymore.

-Door didn't close properly
-safety bar/chain was inoperable
-bar of soap left in tub with hair on it
-carpet felt sticky
-open electrical wires spliced together with electrical tape on lamp with Teddy bear lamp shades.
-room safe was locked shut and didn't work
-the "white" towels were so old they were gray.
-staff tried to tell me that I couldn't check out after one day because I had booked two days online. Needless to say they fixed that.
-coffee maker had no pot

Room Tip: Don't stay in 117
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business