3,978 results
All reviews pink party animation team pool area half board room card spring card great holiday superior room evening entertainment play park plenty of choice waiter service bar staff main bar kids club building work sister hotel
Reviewed 19 May 2016

If you have booked to go here from May up until the end of July . I would not go your holiday will be a big let down. Like mine was . Jackhammers disk cutters work men banging from 7/00 in the morning until 6/00 at night . Thompson told us this was light work on the bathrooms . What they did not say was that they were gutting the bath rooms the hall ways to your room the noise was going on all day . 6 days a week . The food was not good also I have been here many times before .and the food was good .but has gone down hill . After saving all year for this I wish I had not gone . If I had wanted a holiday on a building site . I would have found one at home .and pitched a tent on it

13  Thank Annlisasears1231
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Bitacora and for writing your opinion on TripAdvisor.

I totally regret that the refurbishment taking place in these months affected your stay and your rating has been just the opposite of your last review. We are doing our best to maintain the noise at minimum, but, being a refurbishment, not always it is possible.

I totally understand that, if you have not been receiving the complete information about the works going on, you can be disappointed and all hotel services and facilities will pass to a secondary importance.

Once again I regret reading your disappointment and I really do hope to have the chance to welcoming you again in the near future when the hotel will be completed.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

I went here a few years ago. It was beautiful. The staff were lovely and the facilities were fantastic.

Two pools, children's play area, restaurant by the pool and a separate bar near the pool.
Entertainment was great! As was the food.
Very family orientated.
5/5

Date of stay: June 2015
3  Thank Sophiie20
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Bitacora.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and rated the hotel incredible.

It’s also nice that you appreciated our facilities, the food, the entertainment and at last, but not least, the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works daily hard to provide the best standards.

Thank you once again for your lovely review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Definitely not as good as last year. They are downplaying renovations being done on the bathrooms. We understood ALL bathrooms being refurbished before end of June. Half hotel shut when we arrived April 29. First few days fine in superior room on 6th floor then water pressure dropped. Very hard to shower/wash hair etc. Complained constantly but complaint not taken seriously for 48 hours when I let rip! Sent engineer who improved pressure for a while. Water came and went after that till end of our 11 nights. Jet 2 warned us of noise during refurbishment of bathrooms. No problem with noise but water was a real problem. Food not as good as last year. Beef in Red Wine on menu every night! Front desk always very pleasant but didn't actually help you. Housekeeping excellent. Will go back but not till ALL refurbishments have been completed.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank magsreid13

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Bitacora.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your opinion on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you found the housekeeping excellent and the front desk team always very pleasant. I will make sure to share your compliments with my colleagues.

On the other hand I regret that this time you have not been totally satisfied like in your previous stays. In the Spring hotel Bitacora we take very seriously our customers’ opinions, which help us to improve our standards.

Our head chef will pay attention to your comments regarding the food compared to the previous years, as he is very interested on keep improving the variety and quality of the meal.

I also regret that you spent an inconvenience with the water pressure. Our maintenance team did the best to solve the inconvenience in the shortest time as possible, but I can understand your disappointment.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, when the refurbishment will be completed, and I also do hope you will enjoy all improvements applied.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Just spent another two weeks all inclusive at the Bitacora. Yes it was a bit noisy but the hotel informed us about the upgrading going on and gave us 10% discount. We had a great time with good food, very friendly staff and the animation team being once again brilliant. The only drawback we had was the head barman Alberto, when it came to later on after the show he would disappear and leave people unable to get a drink as he was the only one taking orders. He was also ignoring people trying to get a drink, when Pablo & Kwok were taking your order everything ran very smoothly, Alberto buck your ideas up!!!!!

Room tip: High floor pool view room has fantastic views.
2  Thank carole b

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Bitacora.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that we were able to satisfy your expectations again and you spent a great time with us.

It’s also nice that you found the food good, the staff very friendly and the animation team brilliant. I will make sure to share your compliments with my colleagues, who work daily hard to provide the best standards.

On the other hand I regret your disappointment and I am surprised by your words concerning my colleague Alberto, the head bars. In the Spring hotel Bitacora we take very seriously our customers’ opinions, which help us to improve our standards. I assure we are receiving very good feedbacks concerning his daily work and attitude and he is the first person interested and focused on providing the best service to our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Room tip: Towels and beds changed OK but maid service below par, balcony never cleaned and glasses never washed for the full 11 days. Pool view best choice if you want sun later in the day
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple