1,370 results
All reviews beach bar mexican theme private beach manager ricardo jim lorraine pool area beautiful hotel garden view star hotel half board egg station comfortable sunbeds upgraded to a suite the hotel manager full length mirror breakfast was amazing large balcony
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very dissapointed! Beautiful hotel, lovely staff, but the hotel is lacking attention to detail. Not a 5 star hotel.
Very sadly won't be back.
Bathroom needed updating.
Restaurants at lunch time disappointing.
No staff about.
We actually saw a manager today, after 10 days of being here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireDumenil
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Europe Villa Cortes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ClaireDumenil,
First, thank you for visiting Europe Villa Cortés and for writing this review.
We are sorry if your stay was not as good as expected.
We will consider your different remarks in order to improve our product and service.
Best regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The porter came running out of the hotel when he saw me arriving with my cab and helped me with my luggage. A very friendly German girl from the reception escorted me immediately after check-in to my room although I arrived well before noon. This year the outside space didn't have sunbeds, but the girl suggested that she could ask the manager for another room which I declined.
I love the concept of the hotel: as it is a "Mexican" hotel, all rooms are painted and decorated in that style. I can understand that people who love a minimal design don't appreciate this.
The room was cleaned thoroughly every day and the sheets were changed several times.
I always took my breakfast, which was lovely, in the courtyard. The staff was very friendly and asked me almost immediately what I wanted to drink (coffee, milk, tea, chocolate,...). I also appreciated the fact that you can choose where you want to sit and you don't have wait untill the staff gets you to your table. Once a week the manager came to each table to see whether everything was ok.
The outside space with swimming pool and comfortable sunbeds was very inviting and calm.
Another thing I appreciated was that people who travel solo, don't get a small room at the outskirt the hotel.
During my stay I often wondered how it was possible that all of the staff was so friendly and helpful (I myself have 12 people working for me and it isn't evident that they are always friendly with the clients). Furthermore I appreciated that the staff was very discrete and not pushy (f.ex to sell a cocktail, ed..)
Why didn't I gave 5 stars?
no coffee/tea-making facilities, free internet only at het reception.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Discover788102

Dear Discover788102,
Thank you so much for choosing Europe Villa Cortés and for sharing your experience here.
We are happy to know that you felt so comfortable here and your days here were so satisfactory for you.
We appreciate your open words and we would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having stayed at Princess Yaiza (PZ) on Lanzarote we were looking forward to the same level of experience at a similar price and were disappointed. The 'complimentary' drinks mentioned by others were two small bottle of water in the room, at PY we were offered Cava at a seated reception position while we checked in. At Cortez we had to lug our cases to reception, whereas at PZ we were greeted at the taxi by a porter and someone who took us to reception. The decor generally is very dark and heavy with some rather disturbing pictures in the room and public areas, and two skeletons dressed in wicker clothing at the entrance.

The room was OK at best, not the suite with separate sleeping and living areas and huge bathroom we had at PZ. Prior to our arrival and having read the one-star reviews we were most concerned about the outside space but in the event although it was on the outside of the hotel looking over the town it was huge. In that position it also received full sun from sunrise to sunset which is ideal for us as we prefer to relax in our own space and not have to go to the pool area.

The worst aspect was no facilities for hot drinks in the room - pre-warned from reading the one-star reviews we bought a travelling kettle and took mugs which was fine. Fortunately there was a mini-bar with just enough space to squeeze in a bottle of water and a small carton of milk, but unless the cupboard door was left open the fridge itself struggled to keep anything cool as there is no ventilation at the back.

The outside public areas are very good, with varied architecture which is pleasing to the eye. However the result of that is some rooms having a tiny amount of dark outside space (as per previous one-star review), in other words until you get there you have no idea what you are going to get.

The breakfast buffet was fair, but the room was dark and depressing. Fortunately there were two outside courtyards which as the weather was warm enough were much better - apart from the staff allowing the doves to wander about on the tables - don't leave your food unattended! The staff were pretty miserable - only on one occasion were we greeted by a female staff member clearing a table, for the rest of the time they just went about their business without speaking. That didn't bother us, but the difference to PZ where there were staff outside to greet you, guide you to a table and organise tea/coffee was striking.

Despite being out of the room for several hours each day and leaving the 'make up room' light switched on, the room was not cleaned on two days out of seven. Yet fifteen minutes before we were due to vacate the room the cleaner was banging on the door, ignoring the 'do not disturb' light. Having checked out at reception we were left to hang about outside waiting for the taxi whereas at PZ we were seated inside and a porter greeted each taxi to check who it was for and took our cases out.

The local area is very good, clean and tidy with plenty of restaurants and we would have no qualms about staying in the area again, but not at this hotel as we could not risk getting one of the rooms with very poor outside space.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H,
Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review about your stay in Villa Cortés.
We are concerned about the welfare of our clients. For this reason your review has been transferred to the concerned departments.
We are sorry if you did't meet your expectations and your stay here was not as expected.
Best regards.

Reviewed 11 February 2019

my wife and i are regulars as we ve been visiting this hotel well over 10 times since it opened .the location is fantastic .rooms are of a generous size and well looked after .certain areas have been improved since our last feedback we left on tripadvisor .in particular the reception team should get a mention as their positive attitude on this visit was giving us a good vibe .however , there are areas within the hotel which could be improved from the owners point of view .while there there ve been lots of "staff reductions "being made we believe it s not in favour for the customers nor the owners.
for example .. at breakfast , noone really seems to be in charge and coffees are only served on request , rather than being asked , plates are cleared only if 3 or 4 ve been piled on op of each other .it s all very good standard in this hotel .. so don t get me wrong .. i m just pointing out areas which need to be improved .
as we had the halfboard option booked with this hotel like we do every year , we were looking forward for a good variety of food .this year got to be the worst experience , prawns every day as well as mandarin sorbet every day .boah .the apfelstrudel from previous years was the winner .. but this years .. my god it was a creation on it s own , might ve won the turner price .overall good food but the choice was poorly .
we tried to eat a few times in the beach bar but had to give up after a good 20 minutes wait as only 2-3 waiters serving . a number of customers left as not enough staff on site .we felt sorry for the business opportunities missed here .
last but not least there used to be the general manager patrolling the grounds over the last few years .. but i d think he might ve got his work time cut , too .

Room tip: garden room view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrick s

Dear Patrick,
First, thank you so much for your different visits and for writing this review that we consider constructive.
Your feedback is always important for us because it helps us to evaluate ourselves. For this reason, your review has been transfered to the concerned departments in order to improve our product and service.
The welfare of our guests is our main goal.
We would be pleased to welcome you once more and show you our passion for our daily work.

Reviewed 8 February 2019 via mobile

Just returning from a 4 night break. The team at the hotel were amazing. Nothing too much trouble. Other reviews raves about the breakfast and I have to say we weren’t disappointed. Location perfect. Hotel different but extremely stylish. Only small niggle was WiFi only in reception other than that outstanding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 450Theresa

Dear 450Theresa,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review and for visiting Europe Villa Cortés.
We love to know that you met your expectations and you spent a great time here.
We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.