Apartamentos Strelitzias(Playa del Ingles)
US$ 114
Apartamentos Amazonas(Playa del Ingles)
US$ 87
US$ 212
US$ 202
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 234/night.

Apartamentos Dorotea(Playa del Ingles)
US$ 547
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Africana Apartments(Playa del Ingles)
  • Pool
Apartamentos Caribe II(Playa del Ingles)
TripAdvisor
Apartamentos Aloe(Playa del Ingles)
Hotels.com
3,673 results
All reviewsanimation teamno air conbritish barbanana barhonolulu barquiet poolquiet sidesaladgran canariasnack barbig hotelgreat holidaypool areabusy hotelplenty of choiceslush puppieshalf board
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel at new year, and found the hotel so big, it took ages to walk to your room and room was very basic (less than what you get at a travel inn, in the UK). The pool was nice enough and staff friendly.

They do have WiFI having stayed at other hotels in GC within the last year, they had by far the most expensive (some even offer free WiFi).

I personally wouldnt ever choose to stay at this hotel again, you can get better facilities and better value if you look around a bit harder.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Food: Excellent quality and plenty of choices.

Staff: Friendly and very helpful.

Room: Spotlessly clean and big.

Evening entertainment: Mostly for children - we went out every night as there is plenty and varied entertainment in the resort bars.

Hotel bar prices: Very good compared to some pub prices.

Mainly occupied by ignorant Germans but didn't stop us enjoying ourselves.

1  Thank Rob1Chepstow
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We had all-inclusive. The food was ok, even if we ate other places in two nights (spent one week at this hotel) I think we saved money at it, and it was a much more pleasure to eat and drink outside when we decided to doo so.

The room was great, except it was a long distance til the reciption. Make sure too by water at the store so you dont have too open the bottle of water at your room for 3.50 euros.
Quite funny with shows with the pool-place in the evning, but I wouldnt spent every night/day at this hotel, it would probably be too boring.

The placement is also OK, in the middle of Kasbah and the English center, ca. 10 min. walk-distance too the beach, ca. 15-20 min. too Yumbo (2,75 euros with taxi from around Yumbo).

Room Tip: Rooms on the south/east side are quieter, but quite long distance from the recipion (we counted 300 steps ;)
1  Thank ElisabethTeigen
Reviewed 26 December 2011

First almost every complaint I read before our trip was terribly overstated. People wake up on the wrong side of the bed and then EVERYTHING is horrible or disgusting.

Okay the hotel, clean. That cannot be overstated, some places we have stayed reeked of urine, kept us awake all night with disco music or your famous lager louts. None of that at the this hotel.

The staff were friendly if you were friendly. Well, how human is that...?

Parking for our rental car was not a problem. Visit Google Earth and be apprised that the current parking is much better.

The food. Moaners and groaners probably found no mushy peas or similar muck...everyday freshly baked rolls and goodies. Don't miss the freshly made deep fried Churros!!! ( This stupid interface won't accept the their Spanish name. Great. BUT as XMAS approached (we left on XMAS eve) the food did get better and better! One older German gentleman opined that this doubtless was because XMAS guests were paying up the wazoo prices, so the number of main dishes and two soups instead of one, more desserts, etc.

We got last minute deals and one week all inclusive was half the normal price. Had we paid the full tag, we might have some more complaints, but I stick with the BIG OK general critique.

Gardens, pool areas were nice. About folks reserving sun loungers, that is pretty much par for the course at all package tour venues.

The guests were truly an international mix. First Germans, then Dutch, Finns and Scandinavians, some Brits...thankfully not many skin-headed creeps though. A few Spaniards and non-Europeans.

One reviewer wrote that for the price, it was spot on. Yeah, that about sums up the rooms, outdoor spaces, the staff and the food. It was not the Ritz neither was it the 'pits'. A big OK.

Remember that people who write that this or that hotel is hell on earth, don't go there or never again, well they brought their own crap with them; they were miserable fatherless sons on arrival and were the same when they left. They are never happy anywhere.

One of the stupidest things I read was there were only chips and no other potato alternatives. The first evening I counted three and as Xmas time neared, that increased. This is not to mention the pastas or rice.

My personal gripes.
1. One measly little soap sliver the first day...that was all. No soap or shampoo at all. For that their 3 star rating deserves a big nick. So...we bought our own.

2. There was a sexy blue bottle of water that had a paper collar type thing around the bottle neck saying that break the seal and you pay 3.50 Euros. The same stinking bottle was down the road at Spar market for 75 cents. That is reprehensible. Really.

3. You have to PAY for big pool towels and then 5 Euros deposit per towel and a surcharge of three Euros for every time you wanted to exchange for a fresh towel. The Hilton asked for our room numbers but never checked or charged. And then when we misplaced the receipt for the towels they wouldn't refund us our 5 Euro per towel deposit. We did find it in the end, but my heavens...did they think we pinched someone's towels just to get some spare change?

Those three things really bugged me, but every other small scratch, nick or dusty place was like everywhere else we have been. And we have been around. I am 62 and my wife 60.

Would I go again? Yeah, sure. Would I recommend it? Why not? Next time I would skip the the all inclusive, not because it was bad, but because there are so many interesting places to eat, why nail one's foot to the floor? Breakfast en hotel is okay, but give me freedom to explore the other places to eat.

On one thing, not a long walk to the beach, but oh brother from the promenade looking down to the beach, the people looked like ants. It was looking down on Londoners from the Eye. Remember I'm almost 63. If you have wheels check out the blue flag San Augustin beach back up the road toward the airport. Showers and all.

Back home 25 December.

John and Leena

Room Tip: It is a big place, try to get a room near the center of things. We had a long walk to the lifts then a long walk to our room. AND there were still rooms further on!
8  Thank Chyortnas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Just returned from 2 weeks half-board on Dec 13th, this is a very big and busy hotel with a low percentage of British guests. The rooms were a good size and spotlessly clean but were a bit noisy during the day, never heard a thing during the night as this was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. All of the staff were excellent and worked non stop to make your holiday a success, the diningroom was a bit hectic at times but the food was very good for a 3* hotel. The bar prices were very fair and I would highly recommend the British bar for its friendlyness to everyone.no matter what nationality. This is the 4th hotel I've stayed in at this resort and would use it again in the winter but probably not in the summer due to lack of air conditioning. Overall an excellent value for money 3* hotel but don't expect all the trimmings, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the big pool are quite noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo