“Miss kellie”

Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles
Ranked #92 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic time in canaria despite the issues with this hotel. Tried not to let it spoil our family vacation.
Rude staff
Dire all inclusive food made us ill
No free wifi or tv
No kettle
Mattresses like bricks was asked for a change and it never happened!!
Had items stolen from our room
No clean sheets in the whole week
Clean towels 3 times in a week there was 5 of us. Sub standard all round..should have paid more attention to the reviews before booking.
ONE plus is its perfect location. And thats all ive got good to say about the corona roja. Its in need of serious updating

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

DO NOT BOOK A HOLIDAY WITH THESE PEOPLE
Apon arrival at 11.oclock we were told our room would not be ready till 4 as they weren't informed then we were told that our bed and breakfast was only booked as bed only even though I had it in black and white I contacted HOT DEAL HOLIDAYS (frank) to be told he would sort it out and get back to me 2 days later I sent them an email asking wot is being done about this ...few hours later(FRANK)emailed me back saying there is nothing that they can do....SO BASICALLY I BOOKED 2 ROOMS BED AND BREAKFAST FOR 14 NIGHTS FOR ABOUT £2000 TO BE GIVEN BED ONLY

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We went for 1 week all inclusive.
Arrival- we got there at midnight which meant there was no food available. There is however a sports bar right outside where we got pizza and Burgers fir the kids. Reception were ok and we were surprised to be charge 20 euro deposit for each room ( but we did get if back at the end)
Rooms - basic but ok . We had 2 . 1st one had two bedrooms with 2 beds in each. A lounge area with kitchen ( no kettle or microwave but we didn't need them) but there was a working fridge. The TV seemed to be coin operated so we ignored it. 2nd room single bedroom 2 singke beds. Both had small balconies and we're clean and came with towels which were changed every 2 days.
Hotel - a concrete tower block. Lifts are small ( hint if you stay there we found another lift at the far end of the building which was usually enpty)
WIFI was available for free but only in the reception area . Ask at the desk and they will sign you in. There is a paid wifi service as well but I did not use it.
Food - it was ok actually. Breakfast was scrambled egg sausages etc plus cross ants or fruit or toast . Lunch was burgers or hotdogs and dinner wa lots of chips and variations on chicken pork fish etc. Not high star cuisine but acceptable. Always something to choose.
The all inclusive extras are drinks from the bar from 11:00 ( take cups of water with you when you leave breakfast) and ice cream from 10:30. K
Choice of 4 flavours just fill a plastic cup . My kids kept refilling with no problem and had slush is etc .
The pool. There are not enough unreleased bur we found the sunbeds ok. Plenty of them and although a bit hard you can rent cussions in reception if you want.
Pool was warm and ckeaned every day. Open 9am to 7pm. Yes they ban inflatables and balls .personally I thought that a good thing . One other thing. From about 1 the sun moves behind the hotel so the pool is in shade completely from about 2. Still usable but a bit cooler.
Other info - The hotel has a gate down past the pool through which you are 2 minutes from the beach. It's a nice beach though VERY hot in the afternoon and crowded. We went down there a couple of times after dinner around 6 and it too was shady. Kids went in the sea at this time
If you leave the hotel at the front and turn left the sea front is 3 mins. At the sea front turn right and 3 mins away is a shopping centre with sho bars and restaurants.
There is no entertainment in the hotel at night. Again with a family I quite liked that it was so quiet. I would recommend if you can take a pad with some downloaded films and a portable speaker ( or even try books!)
You can keep raiding the bar and ice cream until 11 pm btw
Overall family enjoyed the pool . Food was ok if a little repetitive after a week. Hotel is clean and basic and quiet. We got what we paid for.

1  Thank dadtimes4
Reviewed 21 August 2017

read a mix of reviews and some not good so didnt know what to think! but we just got back from a week a of all inclusive and i can say we had a great hoilday , lovely clean room on 10th floor with great veiw from our balcony,room was plain but clean, and was cleaned every day with new towels.the staff were all very friendly and helpful.as for the food this was our real worry after what we had read,but we didnt need to , yes breakfast and lunch where mostly the same,b/f sausage scrambled egg bacon beans cereals toast fruit. lunch burgers hotdogs chips salad and some fish, but all was nice to eat and well cooked and hot, evening meal was different every night with meats fish dishes always lots of salad. the pool was nice and so was the indoor one tho we didnt use the indoor one. the hotel itself had a good cheap supermarket. was a 3min walk to the beach and shops. if i had to be picky they dont like balls in the pool so people dont get hit and they could do with a few more parasols around the pool. when i think what i payed for 5 of us and what we got i find it very hard to put this hotel down , i think sometimes people need to look at what they are booking if you want 5 star and all the frills then you need to pay for it. if your a family on a budget and want sun food and drink i would not hesitate to say to go here.

Room Tip: 3rd floor and up
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank paul k
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed 11 nights in this hotel and thought it would be awful because before I went I read some reviews on TripAdvisor and loads of them were titled "awful" or "never coming back" and my experience wasn't "awful" so I do recommend this hotel!

The food is good because this hotel has a lot to offer.Everyday there is usually something different I'm glad I got all inclusive because it is worth it.

Entertainment
There isn't entertainment which is a bit of a let down because after dinner there isn't much to do other than stay in the hotel or go out for a walk or to a restaurant.

Rooms
The rooms are decent and spacious the room I stayed in (1207) is very big with a balcony facing the sea and the other hotels and restaurants.The room has two bedrooms both with two beds in them.The kitchen consists of a counter some cupboards a sink,an oven and a bin there is also cutlery and plates.There is a t.v but you have to pay for it.The bathroom is basic with a toilet,sink and shower that can be used as a bath.So that's the room I stayed in and I recommend asking for this one at the reception!

So to conclude I do recommend this hotel as the staff are nice and friendly and it's very tidy and clean once again it would be great if they could have entertainment but that's the only thing this hotel is missing!

2  Thank lynxy_laura