We are staying at the Hotel as I write this on the balcony of my room. Watching the sunset over the sand dunes it really is a Hotel in a great location. Weather here is generally warm all year round, end of Sep now and it was 32 today. On to the hotel, some may find it a bit old and dated now with oak finishing in the rooms and dark wood around. But you have to see beyond all that, the staff are all very friendly always happy to help for any problems or just happy to chat with you during the day. There are lots of sun beds even later in the am or early pm. People still reserve them which I find annoying especially if they don't turn up until 11am!! The rooms are spacious and have lots of storage three drawers on each bedside table an extra three drawers under the tv table. A cupboard under the tv table and a mini fridge. Lots of hanger space in the two wardrobes. The bathroom is also roomy with a bath shower a hair dryer. The towels are changed regularly and room made up every day. Most rooms have a side sea view or pool view or if you are lucky on the top floor you get sea view pool view and sand dunes view.
Food is excellent, hot and lots of it. Lots of different cuisine to cater for all including a vegetarian station. Live cooking stations and great deserts. Wine selection is good but on the expensive side at about £15 a bottle.
The evening entertainment is ok a bit on the old side for my wife and I. As are clientele at this time of year I would say that the average age is about 60 in the hotel and we have seen only 1 small child aged about 4.
The pool area is large and spacious two pools one with water massage chairs and a jacuzzi and the other bigger one which is very quiet. No inflatables allowed though so don't bring any to use in the pool. The beach/sea is about 30 mins walk over the dunes but worth the long walk. Overall this is a great Hotel if a bit quiet for our liking we walked the 20 mins each night to the Jumbo centre to liven up the night out after our evening meal.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone except 18-30 year olds looking to party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria