“Wonderful Experience”

MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Firstly, This hotel should not be a 2*.... It was more like a 4* hotel.

The reception staff were very helpful and friendly.The rooms were spotless with very modern interiors. Reasonable size rooms. All rooms overlook the pool, This was a lovely view at night.
The maids cleaned the rooms every day and changed the towels and sheets every couple of days. They even did our washing up :) which was very kind of them. We did not have any of the food from the hotel so I can't comment but I heard that the breakfast's were very nice.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the beach. we enjoyed a nice stroll to the beach. The beach was very lovely to go in the evening. That's where most of the nice restaurants are. There are some evening entertainment there (live music and karaoke).

Nightlife: there are two different types of nightlife in Playa Del Ingles. The Yumbo centre, if im honest we went there 2 nights out of 7 and it was quite boring, that's a personal opinion though. Me and my friends found that the main nightlife is in Kasbah center. This is literally located 5 minutes from the hotel. It has about 8-10 main clubs. They are all free to enter (except Pacha) don't be fooled by the club crawls though. Me and my two friends paid for the Pacha club crawl (dont get me wrong, it was a fun night but they take you to 'Pacha' which we were told after that it wasnt the real Pacha. The real Pacha doesn't open until about 3am which is located to the side of the 'Pacha' we were taken too for the club crawl.) However, don't be fooled by the reps from different clubs trying to tell you that the meeting point for pacha is in their club.. They are making it up and trying to just get you to go into their club to buy drinks. The drinks prices are very generous! We got 2 cocktails a mini cocktail and a free shot for 8 euros.

This hotel was perfect for me and two friends on a weeks holiday. We wanted a bit of both worlds, relaxing and great nightlife which we got!

There is only one thing to just point out... There is no air con in the hotel.. this didn't bother us as it was not uncomfortable heat at night. We slept with the balcony doors open which gave us a cool breeze.

I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone. It wasn't too noisy. Very close to nightlife and close to the beach. There are also plenty of supermarkets about. I chose to book this hotel purely based on these reviews and it turned out to be one of the best hotels i've stayed in.

Thank you to all the staff at Buenos Aires, Gran Canaria!

Room Tip: Room 320 was about halfway along and on the 3rd floor:) good Wifi reception too!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nicola-Taylor T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Booked these apartments as they are owned by the same Company as the Neptuno Hotel where I have stayed several times and consider it to be very good. The apartment was moden and of a reasonable size with a well equipped kitchen inc , kettle , coffee maker , toaster and microwave . There is no aircon or ceiling fans but a tower fan is available for e2 per day . A combination safe is available for the same charge . All the apts have balconies facing the pool and the Yumbo . I was in the top floor and found it surprisingly quiet being in mind the location .
The pool area is a good size with plenty of sunbeds and mattresses are provided free of charge . Unlike most hotels I have stayed at the beds are not layed out round the pool each morning , you just take one from a stack and put it where you like! Whilst this does avoid the "sardine effect" it also means that the available space around the pool is not used to optimum affect .
The reception staff (24hour) were excellent and friendly as were the cleaners . Security seemed to be fairly lax although I saw no evidence of break ins . Towels are changed 3 times a week, bedding once . The apts were cleaned every day other than Sunday .
These apartments are excellent value and I would use again if looking for self catering rather than an hotel .

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank UK10143
Reviewed 6 July 2012

These have it all at a great price. Very clean and right beside everything. Very high standard for 2 star I woukld say more 3/4....

Room Tip: overlooking pool is best
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I return to Gran Canaria year after year I have done for the past 15 years and always try to stay at this aparthotel, sometimes it can be quite overpriced therfore I would therfore stay elsewhere, however I have stayed here several times with friends and alone, its located in the heart of Playa del Ingles thats why its so popular, it has never changed, the rooms are extremley clean and well serviced the service on arrival was excellent and I was even recognised as a returning customer.... I work as a hotel general manager in the UK and this to a customer on arrival is very welcoming...so well done! I also received slippers flowers and a bottle of bubbly on the first day of my stay.. The pool and recreational areas are acceptable also and immaculately clean and well kept.
You have everything you need to get by in the room and kitchenette and in the bathroom a power shower which is great. I Would always recommend this aparthotel to anyone travelling to Gran Canaria on a self catering trip. Welldone the team at Buenos Aries!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BarryJOpenshaw
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed here Friday to Monday, Mid June with 5 friends. We shared two rooms - 3 in each, although we did a fair bit of bed swapping between the two as there was plenty of room with two single beds in a room and double sofa bed. The hotel was spotless and modern - our faces when we arrived and realised it was ours were a picture of relief after seeing some of the other drop off!! We booked through Travel Republic at a bargain price of £170. The Ryanair flight was awful - there and back - so was so glad the hotel exceeded our expectations!! All rooms have a pool view overlooking the entrance to the Yumbo Centre which is perfect for people watching. The mixed gay and straight clientele was relaxed which made trips to the - very nice - pool a pleasure. Plenty of sunbeds all weekend which was a huge bonus!

Check in was quick and easy at around 6pm. Hired a safe, got changed and headed straight to the pool for a couple of hours. Took a walk down to the beach for dinner (which was further than we were told but only 10 mins) and were only stopped once on the way by a promo guy trying to sell tickets to Pacha! Headed back after dinner and changed to go over to the Yumbo centre. The whole area was pretty quiet as the pride festival was only a month before but their was enough to do and everyone was helpful. Saturday we split our time between the pool and the beach, using the supermarket across the road to stock up for breakfast and lunch - the cooking facilities in the room were enough to allow this with a microwave, toaster, hobs and all the bowls saucepans etc you needed! Went to Kasbar saturday night (3 euro's from the Yumbo entrance) but didn't get past the first bar which was obviously a regular with the locals - for 34 euro's we were given 8 double vodka's and redbull, 4 shots and a bottle of fizz!

Only two things that I'd mention is the air conditioning - so in the heat (and it was already 24 - 27c mid june) at night ment windows and patio door had to be kept open which equalled noise - especially over the weekend! However I'd still go back - its just something to consider.

Also the hard rock cafe closed a year ago :( however there are plenty of other restuarants a minutes walk away!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
0.5 km away
Sol Barbacan Hotel
Sol Barbacan Hotel
#4 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK