What a nightmare Sol Jandia Mar was from start to finish. The apartment complex was so awful that we stayed for 1 night and then paid extra to move to a new apartment block close by.
We were greeted by a rude and unfriendly male receptionist who made us feel very unwelcome. After dragging our suitcases up 4 flights of steep stairs, and several ramps we reached our apartment at the back of the hotel up another flight of spiral stairs!!!
Anyway, the climb was pretty touch in 35 degree heat, but that was nothing compared to our reaction when we opened the door. Basic kitchen, basic bedroom etc. We didn't expect a lot with 3* but the main room was disgusting. dirty, cracked walls etc. We opened the balcony door (no aircon nightmare!!!) to be greeted by a dirty stained garden table and one chair which was filthy. There was dirt and cracks all over the walls and lots of ants. Utter nightmare. We rang the tour operator straight away after reception were unhelpful about moving us. The tour operator were just as unhelpful (bookable holidays) and we demanded that we be moved as soon as possible. We realised by this time that we had wasted the majority of our first day faffing around, all because of this awful hotel!!!
We had to pay an extra £100 to move hotels but once we had got out of that hell hole we had an amazing holiday in the wonderful Jandia resort. We stayed one night at the Sol Jandia Mar. It was awful. No aircon and couldn't open windows because a lizard came in and there was so many ants.
Please read my review of the fantastic Alameda de Jandia to hear about a lovely 3* apartment with friendly staff, quick access and wonderful rooms. I have also written about the wonderful places to eat and visit as a brit in Morro Jable (which is predominantly a german/spanish resort)
My advice would be to not even bother booking. It is a HELL HOLE! I will add pictures when I have downloaded them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Apartamentos Sol Jandía Mar are located in Morro del Jable, on Fuerteventura's south coast. 150 m from Jandía Beach, the complex has 2 swimming pools, squash courts and a supermarket. Surrounded by greenery, all Sol Jandía Mar apartments have a private balcony or terrace, most of which have panoramic views. They consist of a bedroom, lounge area, kitchen and bathroom. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. The hotel's buffet-style restaurant serves breakfasts and dinners. There is also a pool bar and a German-style bierkeller bar, open in the evenings with music and entertainment. The Sol Jandía Mar puts on a varied entertainment programme for children and adults. Other facilities include a petanca court, table tennis and a giant chess set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia Hotels APAC, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Sol Jandia Mar Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Jandia Mar Aparthotel Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Sol Melia Morro Del Jable
- Morro Del Jable Sol Melia
- Sol Jandia Mar Apartments Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable