Las Arenas Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Best Siroco(Benalmadena)
  • Restaurant
US$ 192
TripAdvisor
2,189 results
All reviewsbil bil castleopposite the beachricky lavazzapaloma parkplenty of choicebusy roadlovely hotelpool areahigh floorafternoon sunhappy hour isolder generationlovely parkfamily roomsmall fridgebreakfast and dinnersea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Based on 2 great previous visits I thought a quick 5 day stay over Easter would be great, but left yesterday bitterly disappointed. The hotel has been "revamped" to include a very stark and cold marbled reception area which needs some additional colour and/or plants. As another reviewer pointed out there's a random baby grand piano but no stool and most certainly nobody to play it.The dining room has been extended and is now nothing more than a noisy canteen although the food and staff are good thankfully. Our room on the 3rd floor was standard but bathroom now very basic, only shower gel and shampoo and handsoap, no tissues, no shower cap and towels which had seen better days. Drinking glasses weren't cleaned. One glass was left by my bedside for 3 days - clearly unwashed. Floor was definitely not cleaned every day. Sleep wasn't great due to the thin walls, loud voices and constant banging of doors closing. This may be more noticeable now since the corridors have been refurbished, again a lot in white marble - there's nothing to buffer any harsh sounds. In the past the hotel was very much a place for older and middle aged couples and very few children. I think they now have a contract with Tui which may explain why there are many more large family groups. And lastly, on leaving I wasn't impressed by the receptionist on duty who tried to charge me again for my previously paid deposit, despite showing her my receipt. Once she realised her error there was little apology, no eye contact and no front of house customer service whatsoever. So although you didn't ask me, I will tell you, No I did not enjoy my stay at the Las Arenas Hotel and most certainly won't be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid any room near the new large corner lift.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Linda R
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us, Linda. We strive to provide world-class service to each and every one of our guests during their time with us and we regret to discover that we’ve failed to meet the high standard we set for ourselves while you visited our hotel. After reading your feedback, we will be sure to address the issues that arose during your stay as to offer the best experience possible to all of our future guests, of which we hope you’ll be one. We welcome the opportunity to impress you on a future stay.
Best Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel with very friendly and efficient staff, we were half board and found the food to be excellent although it was all buffet service. Room very clean although felt a little tired and the towels were a bit thin. Entertainment very good but did seem to be aimed at the older generation ( I am 61). Did not use pool area but it looked very clean and was serviced regularly ( we overlooked it). Bar prices were reasonable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tam R

Thank you for reviewing your recent Las Arenas**** experience in Benalmadena Costa, Tam.
We are delighted to hear you had a lovely time in our hotel and were satisfied with all we have to offer to great guests like you! We'll be sure to share your kind words with our team as they work each and every day to ensure customers lie you go back home with great memories!
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from a 10 day break in a chilly Benalmedena. Normally stay at MAC Marina but there was no availability on the required dates. las Arenas was recommended by my travel agent and I took a flyer on it.

Check in went fine and allocated a 7th floor room ( I had requested a high floor).
Was a little disappointed at the size of the room but it was spotless and generally well appointed. As the wife was unpacking workmen in an opposite facing room started banging with tools ( sounded like a wall was being demolished). I tried to gain attention at his room but to no avail. Went to reception and advised friendly receptionist of the problem and she told me that there was a blockage in the plumbing which they were trying to clear. When I advised that I wasn't inclined to put up with this I was immediately offered a room on the 3rd floor which I was glad to accept. As it turned out this room (309) was larger that the first room and equally as good.
From that moment on, after a potentially dodgy start, every thing was really good.

The staff are first class and always pleasant and attentive. The food , normally hit and miss in half board hotels, was generally very good with plenty of choice. If I was a fish eater then I would have been even happier as there seemed to be swimmers of all varieties available. Us meat eaters didn't fare to badly either.
Soups, salads, cold meats,hot meats , stir fry, barbecue meats etc etc all available.
Desserts were also varied and plentiful.
Rooms were serviced daily with fresh towels.
Bar area and entertainment good and prices OK. Hotel location good both for walking(no hills) and for buses.
Negatives were few but include poor wifi in rooms but more than adequate in lobby.
When showering can hear every word next door ( I think ventilation must be shared so no hanky panky).
Overall really enjoyed our stay in this fine Hotel and while it may not have been our first choice we would be more than happy to stay here again

Room Tip: Look for afternoon Sun and high sea view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank William P

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us, William! Thank you so much for your observations as well! Guests like you are a joy to host and hope you plan to return back to Las Arenas**** Hotel in Benalmadena Costa, as we will be delighted to welcome you back !
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent an enjoyable 5 nights at this hotel from 12th March. We were allocated room 324 which had the afternoon sun. We had requested a higher floor but 3rd was acceptable. The room wasn’t large but adequate for our stay. It looked like it had been recently decorated and had new mattresses. The reception and dining room have been upgraded and whilst at the moment they are very white we saw someone arrive with a picture on our last morning. The food was quite good. We would have preferred to get ice cream from a separate unit and help ourselves instead of tubs put out in a dish. We did find the walls a bit thin as we could hear the man on one side of us who had a loud voice. We didn’t hear the people on the other side so were maybe just unfortunate. We quite enjoyed the evening entertainment. We found all the staff to be very efficient and helpful with special mention to our room maid who kept it spotless. It’s an easy walk to the marina. Just cross over the road and walk along the sea front. Our weather was mixed but we still had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank margshel

Dear Guest,
Your comments are much appreciated! Thank you for deciding to stay with us during your holiday to Benalmadena Costa! We are glad to know you had a great time in our hotel Las Arenas**** and were able to enjoy the comforts of your room and the cuisine we have on offer in our restaurant. We hope to see you again over here soon!
Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any room requirements on your next visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was here 23 feb for a cheeky week its been done up since last year needs a few pictures and a bit of colour toooo white ... food again really good no complaints
only 1 complaint the weather was not as good as we are used to even at this time of year
we where there same time last year and it was fab u lus didn't keep us in paloma park
have a drink at the auditorium coffee this time though !! staff at hotel are excellent
and very friendly.. need to have some duo acts on for a change !!! also can we have san miguel on draught please ? keep up the good work las Arenas see you soon

Room Tip: high floor sunny balcony
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peterhdecor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Las Arenas**** Hotel we really appreciate your important feedback with some observations.

We are pleased to that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services offered to you by our team were to your fullest satisfaction.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel, and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Best Regards,