“4th Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Bradford, United Kingdom
“4th Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was what I think was my 4th stay at the Bali.

Although I would still recommend the hotel for its position and friendly staff I felt a little let down with the hotel this time around.

The food has gone downhill and seemed to be cold and not very appertising-and the queues were massive! My boyfriend asked one of the chefs to cook his burger a little more as it was pink and there reply was...put it in the microwave-which I think is discusting! I am pregnant and had to watch what I was eating, so I avoided the meat altogether after this.

We had a lovely room as I emailed he hotel a week before and they gave me a studio with a double bed and pool view as I had asked for. Only downside to this was a group of girls were staying next door and were vey loud and woke me up on one occasion when returning at early hours in the morning, plus I could hear one of them being sick one night as the walls are sooo thin! I wouldnt normally have minded but being pregnant its hard to sleep anyway!

The staff are really friendly, rooms are very clean and pool areas are good altough the bottom pool smelt like drains sometimes for some bizzare reason.

I would still return to the Bali as I think its a really good hotel but I would go self catering next time. I just think they need to sort out the food as on my other stays at the Bali I always remember it being really good!

Room Tip: Pool view studio
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
cheltenham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

6 friends 60 plus have just spent 2 weeks all inclusive (for the first time) at the Bali. First impressions very friendly staff on reception, very apologetic that one of our parties room was not ready. We had rooms 2304-2307 which had the most amazing views out to sea, the rooms quite large clean and beds very comfortable. The meals were very varied but never hot this was commented on by many guests and comments were passed on to the restaurant management but nothing really improved. One thing we did miss was a selection of cheeses there was always cheese biscuits but never any cheese strange!!! Now for the pool area, very shabby indeed it all needs a good hosing down with a high pressure hose, sun beds were filthy and broken and the umbrellas were all broken and chewed by vermin or that is what it looked liked, this spoilt the holiday a bit. The cafe by the pool served drinks all day and must mention Daniel who was always so cheerful and helpful some of the staff had not been there long and their lack of english made things a bit difficult and embarassing for them. The entertainment team worked very hard and were very friendly and were always around to chat to guests. One last thing I think Thomson should put in their brochure that between February until middle of May there are stag and hen parties which we had the pleasure of, I will say no more!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in block 2 would be quieter as they are away from the main hub of activity especially in the h...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank CheltenhamRufus
Medplaya, Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear CheltenhamRufus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Medplaya Hotel Bali. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy certain aspects of your holiday. We take note of all suggestions and comment in order to improve our services and we make every effort to give the best service possible to all our customers.

Thanks again for your feedback and we sincerely hope to see you with your friends again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Vanda Lehnerova
Guest Relations Costa del Sol
Medplaya.com
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

went all inclusive very good value,staff very helpful ,nice pool aera,not really suitable for older people long uphill climb from the beach.Plenty of karioki bars if that is your thing on the whole good value for my outlay

Room Tip: ask for sea view in bali 1
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bigjohn65_12
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I have just had a wonderful 5 days at the Bali. We were on the "all-inclusive" which was really great. The cuisine is of 5* standard, the range of drinks is superb and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The accommodation (we stayed in Block 3) is a little dated and tired, but kept spotlessly clean. We will return!!

Room Tip: If you would like a superb view and afternoon sun, ask for a high floor on Block 2.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DavidandCarol26
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Just came back from here and already looking to go again. Very pleasent staff and the entertainment team are great and work damm hard. We went all inc and never found a problem with paying guests getting served before us. Yes the hill is a bit steep but more than managable. All in all i can't recomend this place highly enough.

• Stayed April 2012